Requested: Discovery

A/N: Guys, I'm almost at 8,000 reads! God, you guys are incredible. Thank you so much for every read, request, star, and add on this book. It's insane that it's nearly at 8,000, and it wouldn't have been possible without you guys. Thank you for everything! <3

This is a request for the fabulous elizabeth9595

*Bryan's Point of View*

Trying to find new talent on YouTube can be difficult when every voice sounds exactly the same. One girl sounds just like Adele, and the other sounds like Taylor Swift; Try and be unique. It irritates me when someone tries to emulate an artist because they like what that artist does; it should be what you like. It should be something that you enjoy. Can you really get enjoyment out of being someone else? Because it seems like it gets tiring after a while. After a while of scrolling through the same old videos, I came across the name Samantha Coy on one of the suggested videos on the right side of my screen. On the thumbnail, she had her guitar in hand and her brown hair fell over her eye, and the title said Sweetness - Jimmy Eat World Cover. She must've known I love Jimmy Eat World. I clicked the link, and from the minute she first sang, I was mesmerized. I was mesmerized from not just her voice, but her beauty. She was someone that was one of a kind - I could tell. After she did her outro, I liked the video and wrote her name down on the notebook next to me. 

Three Days Later

I still had her voice stuck in my head like a broken record. I couldn't get her voice out of my head; it was too beautiful to let go of. But this time, I managed to get out of the apartment and to an Italian restaurant with Alex and Johnnie for lunch. Our conversation was put on halt when we entered the restaurant and the host directed us to our table. We sat down and began to scan through the menus. After six minutes, we decided what we wanted and that was when I saw her: Samantha Coy. Wait, she lives in the same city as me? What? I look dumbfounded, and I think Alex and Johnnie noticed it. 

"Bryan, you okay?" Alex asked, while Johnnie was scruffing down breadsticks at the speed of light. 

"Yeah, I'm fine," I responded, but I still looked at Samantha for confirmation. It was her. Alex shrugged it off, and told Johnnie to stop eating so fast or he'll choke. 

"Guys, I'll be right back," I said and pushed out my chair. Samantha was just helping serve food to a family of six, and I waited for her to be done with the family before talking to her. One minute later, she was done.

"Hi! Are you Samantha Coy by any chance?" I asked unsure. 

"Does my name tag say otherwise?" She grinned, and I was surprised by her confidence. 

"Well, if Samantha's your full name, then yes," I joked back to her, and she brought out another smile to show off her white teeth. 

"Do I know you?" She asked while an eyebrow raised. It must be a habit of hers, but it makes her look so cute. 

"Um, not exactly. I've seen you on YouTube, but not in person." 

"Oh, I see. Which cover did you watch?" 

"Sweetness by Jimmy Eat World. You were incredible!" Okay, now I'm starting to sound like a fangirl. Plus, she's blushing at the comment.

"Thanks. That really means a lot," She said, while she dusted her hands on her work shirt. I could tell that she had to get back to work from the way she was fidgeting, but I can't let her leave without her knowing how good she is. 

"Seriously, you have the best voice ever. Everyone tries to sound like another artist, but with you, you're yourself. By being yourself it makes not just your voice beautiful, but who you are as a person." From the comment, she looked down at her shoes and blushed. I guess I'm doing great at this. I took the moment to scan her features: Her brown hair was tied up in a ponytail, her mouth was slightly open and it showed off her fangs, little hairs were sticking up from the tight ponytail, and her fringe was pulled to the left. 

"Thank you so much, but if you don't mind -," 

"Yeah Bryan, get some!" Johnnie yelled from across dining rooms, while Alex face palmed herself from Johnnie's outburst. Johnnie really knew how to cause a scene. Samantha grinned and started laughing at Johnnie, and it made me feel that he made a better impression than I did. 

"Well, I guess I should get back to the kitchen. Those plates aren't going to deliver themselves," Samantha said, "Oh, and call me Samm, not Samantha." She turned back to the kitchen, and it gave me the opportunity to speed back to Alex and Johnnie at the table.