Requested: Sorry Jack

A/N: This is another request for @elizabeth9595 I'm sorry for not updating like I should. I need to work on that. The song that she requested is "Sorry Jack" by Scratch21 and I'm now in love with it. Actually, it's more than just love; I've been listening to this song 24/7. 

"Jocelyn, are you ready for this?" Taylor asked with elements of anxiety tangled up in her speech. Tonight, we are performing at the Battle of the Bands and we are one of the first bands to go on first. Honestly, we tried so hard to be one of the last bands of the night, but a bunch of other bands had the positions we wanted. So, I wanted to make the best impression for both myself and for the audience; I wanted to look good. I finished straightening the last few strands of my hair before responding back to Taylor.

"Yeah; Is everything hooked up and ready to go?" I asked and I noticed JC was finishing up the last few things we needed before going up on stage, "Nevermind." Taylor laughed at the remark and we met up with Jestlin, who was twirling her drum sticks in her hands and hitting her thighs to remember the rhythm to the song we're covering. I have to admit, I'm fucking nervous, but I had to remain cool because I'm considered the leader of the band. Being the leader of the band, I have to take full responsibility of everything and be whatever no else was being. They were all nervous, so that means I have to remain calm. I guess it's in the lead singer handbook. Nothing was going to hold me back from this performance. 

"Okay, everything is where it's supposed to be. But do we know our parts?" JC asked, scanning the three of us for a response. We nodded vigorously and prepared to go on stage. We are up next. Breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out. That cliche phrase was ruminating in my mind, but I wasn't going to stop it. It helps to calm me down. The ending chords of the song from the band before us came along and it was our cue to go up there. 

"The next band to perform is Victorian Justice and the song they're going to play is 'Sorry Jack' by Scratch21!" The MC announced and we went up to our positions, ready for this. 

~ The Song ~

20 years and going strong. He's never kissed a girl besides his mom.
He's got a throw pillow from his favorite show, he wears a fucking fedora everywhere he goes

I don't think this guy is on this world, he thinks that just being nice should get him the girl.
So now he'll complain how he thought it should be.
"Why does this always happen to me?" (to me)

She's stupid pretty. he's pretty stupid. Lonely loser chewing a toothpick.
Lost in the dark trying to turn on the lights.
He just wants the one she wants something to bite tonight
She took her skirt off he didn't notice.
He gave her a hug she wanted a kiss.
He missed the signs so she found a different guy.
So sorry jack but better luck next time.

(Jocelyn's P.O.V During Concert: The notes and words were coming out of my mouth, but as I was singing, it became hard to keep focus because Jordan Sweeto, a classmate and my crush, is here - and listening to me. I know I can't stop - I want to win. Damn, just focus.) 

Girls just suck, they're out of touch.
I guess that asking for a quick one is just too much.
So she's a bitch 'cause she doesn't like you back.
She's omega, you're the alpha of your own wolf pack
But come tonight he's gonna think of you and
he's got a tissue for his issue and a date with his hand
Hugging his pillow, crying himself to sleep.

"That's the girl that was meant to be with me." (with me)

She's stupid pretty. he's pretty stupid. Lonely loser chewing a toothpick.
Lost in the dark trying to turn on the lights.
He just wants the one she wants something to bite tonight
She took her skirt off he didn't notice.
He gave her a hug she wanted a kiss.
He missed the signs so she found a different guy.
So sorry jack but better luck next time.

What's the matter, never had her
Find another, hide your daughters
Suck up your pride, Go with the ride.
Sometimes you'll lose, she doesn't want you.
What's the matter, never had her.
You'll be alright.
(better luck next time)

She's stupid pretty. he's pretty stupid. Lonely loser chewing a toothpick.
Lost in the dark trying to turn on the lights.
He just wants the one she wants something to bite tonight
She took her skirt off he didn't notice.
He gave her a hug she wanted a kiss.
He missed the signs so she found a different guy.
So sorry jack but better luck next time.

She's stupid pretty. he's pretty stupid. Lonely loser chewing a toothpick.
Lost in the dark trying to turn on the lights.
He just wants the one she wants something to bite tonight
She took her skirt off he didn't notice.
He gave her a hug she wanted a kiss.
He missed the signs so she found a different guy.
So sorry jack but better luck next time.

What's the matter, never had her
Find another, hide your daughters
Suck up your pride, Go with the ride.
Sometimes you'll lose, she doesn't want you.
What's the matter, never had her.
You'll be alright.

Wait. Don't go. I know we were meant to be.
One chance. Please stay.

I guess you're happy without me.

~ End of Song ~

The crowd buzzed with applause and cheers for the band, but I was more focused on the fact that I just performed in front of the guy that I've liked for the last two years. Although I've daydreamed about him a lot in the past, this time it was more intense. His face wouldn't leave my mind and how he was singing along to the song - it just made my heart melt. He knew me. Now, I didn't feel invisible, but what if he comes up to me? What am I going to say then? 

"Jocelyn, you did amazing!" Jestlin screeched from the top of her lungs, and it shifted me out my thoughts. But honestly, her screeches could wake the dead. 

"Thank you. You guys did even better, though!" I complimented and then Taylor suggested to going to the local pizzeria to celebrate our great performance after the battle of the bands. 

"Guess who I saw in the crowd?" JC suggested with a smirk and a nudge to my shoulder. I grinned at her attempt to make me blush, but it was working. Damn it, JC. Taylor started joining in and Jestlin soon after and began to make fun of me and how easy it was to make me blush. 

"Okay guys, enough." I attempted to end their teasing, but I knew they wouldn't stop. 

"You have to go talk to him," Taylor exclaimed and turned her head to notice that Jordan was backstage talking to some of his friends. Damn it, I ran behind Jestlin in an attempt for him not to see me, but the girls pulled me away from Jestlin and forced me to take in his presence. I didn't want to accept he's back here, but at the moment, I'm more upset that my friends would put me in this position. Wait, did they ask him to come?

"Did you ask him to come?" I asked, trying to hold back my anger. All three of them put their heads down to make sure I knew they were guilty. The anger began to boil inside of me and I knew they wanted me to talk to him, but damn, right now?! Ugh, they're really going to get it later. 

"Hey Jocelyn," Jordan greeted in my ear and I turned around to face him in astonishment, "You were amazing up there." I wanted the world to swallow me whole and have the ground act like wet cement so I'll get away from him. I didn't know what to say, so I just smiled at his compliment. I could feel the girls just watching and I'm sure they wanted popcorn and soda to embrace the moment. 

"Thanks. You were great too," I responded, but then it hit me that he didn't perform. Shit, I'm such an idiot. I put my head down in embarrassment. Jordan just smiled and chuckled at the comment and put his hands in his pockets. 

"You're so adorable. Anyway, I was wondering if you wanted to get some dinner with me? I know you guys didn't really get to eat," Jordan mumbled, but I managed to figure out what he said. Before I could answer for myself, the girls chimed in. 

"Yes!" Jordan chuckled at their excitement. I grinned and he took my hand and led me to his car, while Jestlin promised to drive my car back to my house. Tonight is going to be the best night of my life.