Requested: Back and Forth With Words

~First Person P.O.V~

3:00 PM: He should be here within the next five minutes. To make myself look presentable in front of him, I put my hair into a tight ponytail, but with a strand of hair loose on the right side and checked my reflection in my phone to make sure that I look fine: makeup looks perfect, hair isn't annoying me and the outfit I'm wearing looks presentable. The only downside that I can think of talking to him is that I won't be able to hear him. It's not that I want to block him out of my life or use it as an excuse as a reason not to talk to him, but I'm deaf. I've been like this since I was born, and if I could, I'd trade it to have ears to be able to communicate with him. I guess years of watching The Little Mermaid  have finally caught up with me. Scanning the shop for him, I didn't notice the same blonde hair and beanie that the guy always wears, so I just decide to count the music posters hanging up in the shop. The posters that were there included Queen, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, The Doors, Boston, The Ramones, The Sex Pistols, The Misfits, Metallica, Rage Against The Machine . . To name a few. In total, I counted around 64 Posters in one small building that we call a record shop. 

Being lost in my thoughts, I didn't notice the chime of the bells when someone walked in, until he walked up to the check-out area to look at what we had on display. It was him. I know that I have to talk to him at some point, but how am I supposed to when we are unable to communicate. One of my co-workers was close enough to see me, so I waved at him to come take my shift, while I went into the backroom to look for a paper and pen as an alternate. After seven minutes of searching, I went towards the "manager's corner" (Which was where he smoked) and scrambled through various items to search for what I needed. Another minute passed and I found a pen in a folder and then I went back out to notice that my co-worker Cameron and the guy were talking. God, that guy is perfect. Who am I trying to fool thinking that someone like him would want to come talk to me? To keep away from the guy, I ran towards the section of classic records that consisted of Queen, Black Sabbath, Guns N Roses, Nirvana, Iron Maiden and Kiss and began to shuffle through the records, so it looks like I'm busy. I always run away when things get rough or whenever something challenges my disability, but my question is, why do I do this to myself? Yes, I have a problem that'll last a lifetime, but there are plenty of people with disabilities and were able to overcome it: Tom Cruise has dyslexia. This pep-talk needs to go somewhere, but I'm not sure how. Great.

I felt a force of nature hit against me and I fell back, and as as result, I yelped. I landed on my back and it hurts like a bitch, while the rest of my body was in shock of the collision. 

"Fuck, I'm so sorry. I was on my phone and I wasn't watching." some stranger said, but I looked up to notice it was that guy that I've liked for the past four months. Shit! To keep myself from acting like an idiot, I stood up and started to walk away, but he pulled my arm and Cameron appeared next to him. 

"Is this Fox?" The blonde asked.

"Yes, yes it is." Cameron answered with a smirk. He knew I liked him. Cameron walked away to leave the both of us alone, and I have to say, it's extremely awkward. I'm gonna kill Cameron later. Kyle walked me to a table in front of the main window and sat me down and went to sit down across from me. He began to do sign language and he started out fine making "My Name Is" but then when he got to his name, he accidentally said Fuck in sign language instead of his name. I couldn't contain my laughter, even though I knew he was trying. He seemed confused as to why I'm laughing, but the face he was making out of confusion caused me to laugh even more. Even people were beginning to watch us with curious facial expressions. He ushered Cameron to come over and Cameron gave him a pat on the back and handed him a notebook and pen. He shook his head at Cameron for the pat on the back and turned back to me before writing. After a minute, he handed the notebook to me.

Hi Fox. I have no idea what I said that made you laugh. Can you tell me? 

You said Fuck instead of your name. XD 

Dammit. God, I'm embarrassing myself more and more on a daily basis. xD 

But it's normal to embarrass ourselves. So, what is your name?

Kyle; not what I said earlier. XD

XD It's fine. I'm assuming you know a little bit of sign language. 

Yeah. I took it in high school, but I didn't think I need to know it to talk to a beautiful girl ;) 

Well, you know how to use words, Mr. Flirt.

Would my use of words convince you to hang out with me downtown? 

I would, but I have to stay for another few hours for my shift. 

Don't worry about that. I talked to Cameron. 

Oh, well then, I'd love to hang out with you. 

A/N: Hey guys! So I decided to do the author's note at the bottom this time, but I'd like to take this moment to say that this imagine was requested for elizabeth9595! Also, it's my birthday! I hope you guys enjoyed this imagine because I really liked the concept of this story. Stay strong and stay beautiful <3