Chapter 25

They all met up a block away from the destination in the ritzy part of Barcelona. Where millionaires were driven by chauffeurs and given the VIP treatment, all wearing expensive suits and gowns. There were lights everywhere, flashing and trying to grab people's attention, giving off a grand display as it reflected off the nearby river. Kahlen wasn't exactly surprised to find all the guards wearing black. And all wore different colored contacts to hide the red color for the next few hours. At least they now looked somewhat human in appearance. THe group approached the front door and stood in line. No one spoke as they waited. If anything, listening in on the conversation around them. Removing her fake ID, Kahlen handed it over to the security at the front as they examined it for a moment and then checked the others.

"Go right ahead," he stated.

The young woman gave him a dazing smile. "Thank you."

The loud music assaulted their ears, but Kahlen wouldn't have it any other way. The guards cringed for a moment adapting to the sound before advancing further in. Lights were moving and flashing, timing to the rhythm of the song playing over the speakers. A large stage lined the back of the space, miniature platforms set up in various parts of the vast room. Some held poles that reached the high ceiling for dancers that wished to show off fancy moves. And on each stage there was a woman, or a few, in place dressed in very revealing lingerie. There were tables spread throughout the room. Some more private than others lining the walls with curtains draping from the ceiling and parting in the middle for patrons to see the show. Waiters walked around carrying trays and seeing to the customers' needs, as the bars that lined the front, right, and left side of the room were filled with men and women laughing and talking with drinks in hand.

They made their way to the bar nearest them ordering drinks. For nearly half an hour they stood there not saying a word and observed the room. Kahlen took a more leisurely stance, sitting on one of the bar stools and sipping the drink in hand slowly. As if she were a high profile individual and the Volturi were her bodyguards. At least that's what anyone who saw them would think since the vampires weren't being very discreet in their interest of the whole room. The young woman watched the space carefully, but not as obvious. She even chatted a bit with the bartender on occasion in Spanish to further sell things.

"No sight of the target," Alec stated.

"With this many people here, he could be anywhere," Jane muttered. "Demetri?"

"Nothing yet."

"He's towards the back," Kahlen said. They looked to the hunter, whose back remained facing the room. "On the left, in a private booth." Just as the shifters had said. Why didn't they ever listen?

"How do you know that already?" Jane snapped.

"He's the only one who's lecherous gaze has not left the talent. And his company is not very friendly looking."

True. While other tables were full of laughter and banter back and forth, he was the only one appearing to have a good time. They could just barely see him, and a bodyguard sitting on the edge of the circular cushion. As for the other, their eyes honed in on his black dress shoe sticking out. The accountant didn't speak with either of them, taking a large gulp of his drink.

"At least we haven't been found out," Felix said under his breath. "They are unaware of our presence."

"But for how long..." Demetri muttered.

"Yeah, you look as normal as a couple of statues," Kahlen stated. She set down the drink and tipped the bartender. Jane snarled in warning at the comment. "Just wait here. I'll be back soon."