Chapter 3

"What if I tell you the next stop on the tour is the bedroom?" you say with a wink.

"Oh, not fair!" Aaron yells.

"No, but for real, all we have left are the bedrooms," you say sarcastically.

You take Aaron down the main hall on the first floor. You show him the three guest rooms and the accompanying bathrooms.

"This is insane," he says in awe. "I'm not doubting your success or anything, but it's amazing that you are able to live here by yourself. What made you want to live in such a big house all alone?"

You give him a shy smile, "Well I'm rarely alone. I have a bunch of friends who regularly need a place to crash. Most of my guy friends play baseball or hockey and stay with me instead of the hotel option when they are in New York. It reminds them more of home and it's less lonely."

"Yeah I can't believe I am just coming here now. I still don't own a house or have an apartment here in New York, so I'm one of the few guys who stays in the hotels. Of course, they are nice, but it just gets kind of lonely after a while."

"Exactly!" you say. "It's nice to share this with my friends, and I always enjoy the company too. Anyway, these rooms are all occupied. Romine uses the first one, Sonny prefers the second one, and Wade sometimes stays in the third, but all his shit is in there because you know how he is," you chuckle.

You head up the stairs for the rest of the tour. You make a left at the landing and walk into your comfy bedroom. The color scheme matches your personality perfectly. All black and gray with pops of yellow in the bedding and curtains. Aaron makes a running jump and belly flops on your bed.

"Hm, I like this room. I think this is the room I want for myself," he states.

"Ohhhh sorry babe, but this one is already taken."

"I mean...you could always share," Aaron smiles.

You feel the heat rise to your cheeks, but you're not going to play the innocent shy girl today.

"Wow. We've known each other for what 30 minutes? You are quite the flirt."

"I literally won 'Most Flirty' in high school," Aaron replies.

You hit Aaron with a throw pillow and stand up.

"Let's go lover boy. Time for you to see your room."

*****

You walk out of your bedroom with Aaron following you. You hope that the pair of yoga pants you are wearing are driving him crazy.

"There are four guest rooms up here, but three of them are usually occupied by some of my hockey friends. This room right next to mine is usually open, so that's probably the best bet for you tonight."

"Perfect. (Y/N), I just want to thank you again for letting me stay here. It really means a lot," Aaron says.

"Yeah, of course! You're always welcome here. Let me know if you need anything, okay?"

"You're the best."

"Hey you two! Pizza is here!" Austin yells up the stairs.