Chapter 23

You walk out of the room, and this time Aaron doesn't stop you. You head for the stairs and find Austin in the hallway. One look at you and he knows that you are pissed off. He starts towards you with his lips parted as if he is going to say something and you snap.

"Don't even fucking talk to me. Not right now."

You rush past him and he puts his arm out to stop you.

"Are you seriously pissed that I talked to Aaron about Tyler? That guy is an asshole," Austin states.

"Maybe you're the asshole, Austin."

"Yes, I'm the asshole for caring if some guy breaks my best friends heart."

You let out a sigh and look up at Austin. You can see the tension building in his face as he gets more and more frustrated with you.

"I appreciate you looking out for me, I do. But you can't protect me from everything. I hooked up with Tyler because I wanted to. He can't be blamed because I started to develop feelings for him. I knew what he was looking for when I got myself into that situation," you say.

Austin throws his hands up in the air and shrugs his shoulders.

"I don't know what you want me to say. I'm sorry that I talked to Aaron about something that really isn't any of his business, but I wanted to give him the heads up. I care about both of you and I don't want either of you getting hurt. I know that you still have feelings for Tyler, and this is the time of year when he starts to come around more. I just felt like I needed to say something."

You can tell that Austin is looking past you, so you turn around. Aaron is standing behind you listening to the argument that is taking place between you and Austin. Just as Aaron opens his mouth to say something, the front door opens.

"I'm home!" you hear Tyler shout.

Austin rolls his eyes, and Aaron looks like he has no idea what to do. Tyler rounds the corner with his suitcase trailing him.

"Hey, baby girl," he says as he goes in for a hug.

He goes to kiss you on the lips, but you move your head to the side slightly so he kisses your cheek instead. Tyler doesn't seem to notice, but you can tell that Austin notices based on his smirk. Tyler shakes hands with Austin and Austin plays nice. Tyler turns around and notices Aaron for the first time.

"Hey, man. Holy shit. Nice to meet you in person. You are like a fucking Rockstar."

Tyler and Aaron shake hands, and Aaron is unbelievably polite especially considering what just went down five minutes ago.

"I'm exhausted from travelling. Hey, (Y/N) how about we go take a nap?" Tyler says with a wink.