Chapter 27

You watch Tyler get into his Jeep and drive away. You can hear Aaron arguing with Austin and Sonny in the kitchen and you feel completely lost. You sit down on the couch and try to process everything that has happened today. Austin comes back from the kitchen and sits down next to you.

"He said that you were enjoying yourself quite a bit when he walked in on you two."

"It wasn't like that. I thought that Tyler was Aaron. He came up behind me. It was just a huge misunderstanding. I need to talk to him," you say.

Austin shrugs his shoulders and stands up quickly.

"Sonny and I will gladly pass him along to you. We are supposed to be working out right now, and we already broke up one fight today," Austin says as he walks towards the kitchen.

Austin peaks his head in the kitchen and pulls Sonny out. Sonny comes over to you and gives you a hug.

"Please make things right, (Y/N). You guys are annoying me," he says with a chuckle.

Sonny and Austin walk out through the garage door and leave you alone in the house with Aaron. You hear the clanking of dishes in the kitchen and you aren't sure what to do. You want to explain yourself to Aaron, you want to kiss him until everything is better, but most of all you just want to see him. This has been the craziest two days of your life, but there is still a part of you that is so happy that Aaron came into your life. You swallow your pride and run your fingers through your hair. You walk into the kitchen and find Aaron sitting at the table with a beer looking down at his hands. He looks up when you walk in and you swear you see a trace of a smile on his lips.

"Hey," you say as you lean against the countertop.

He shakes his head, takes a deep breath, and looks back down at his beer. You walk over to the table and sit down across from him.

"I know you are upset, and I am so sorry for everything. You don't even have to respond to me, but I just want to get a few things out in the open. First of all, if I looked like I was enjoying myself when you walked in, it was because I thought you were behind me."

You let out a little laugh, "It was my fault for thinking that we had fixed things from earlier."

Aaron's finger traces a circle around the rim of his beer. He glances up at you and holds your gaze for a few seconds before looking back down.

"Second of all, I would have told you about Tyler. I know you probably won't believe that, but I would have told you about him."

You decide to stand up and you start to pace back in forth. Your feet slap against the cold tile and your hands are propped on your hips.

"And third..." you can feel your heart start to beat faster, and the tears that have been waiting all day to show up threaten to escape.

"I just want to give this a shot. I know it sounds silly, but I think there is something here between us. I have never felt this connected to someone in such a short period of time."

You stare at Aaron and he has trouble meeting your gaze. You understand that words can't fix everything and that you might just need to accept that.

"That's it. I just needed you to know those things," you say as you start to walk out of the room. Every part of you is dreaming of hearing the scraping on the chair as he pushes back to come scoop you up and forgive you. Every part of you is waiting to feel his hand on your wrist pulling you towards him. Every part of you is longing to hear him call your name out to stop you from walking away. Every part of you is disappointed.