Chapter 28

Every part of you is disappointed. Your heart aches. You feel like crying and you hate yourself for being so emotional over a guy. But Aaron isn't just any guy. You've never felt this way before. You stumble out of the kitchen and up the stairs to your bedroom. You walk in and your eyes immediately find his open bag on the floor. You feel sick to your stomach. You assume that any minute he will be coming to get his bag, and you just can't face him right now. You grab your phone off the nightstand and turn to walk back downstairs to Austin's room. You'll stay in there until Austin and Sonny come back home. They'll know what to do. You turn to shut your bedroom door behind you and when you face forward, Aaron is standing there. You automatically take a step back and your heels bump up against the door.

"I - your bag is on the floor," you mutter.

Aaron furrows his brow and looks down at you. You try to make yourself as small as possible so that you can sneak by him down the stairs. Aaron puts a hand out to stop you, and your heart catches in your throat. He reaches around you and opens up the bedroom door. You feel trapped, but when you look up at him, he just nods for you to enter the room.

You enter the room not really understanding what Aaron wants from you. You walk towards the bed but decide not to sit down. You turn around and look up at him expectantly. Aaron looks awkward towering over you in your bedroom. You can tell that he feels uncomfortable, so you sit down and leave plenty of room for him to join you if he wants. Aaron walks towards the recliner in the corner and kicks his bag out of the way. He walks back over to the bed and sits down next to you.

"You didn't give me enough time to respond. You walked away so quickly. It's like you were expecting me to be an asshole," he says with a laugh.

You let out a sigh of relief and collapse back onto the bed, You relax your hands on your stomach and stare up at the ceiling.

"I'm sorry if I overreacted with the Tyler thing. I just walked into the kitchen after having a nice conversation with you and see another man with his hands all over you. I kinda lost it," he says with a grin.

"I've never been the possessive type, but you just do something to me. It's like I just can't stand the idea of you with him."

He reaches out and grabs your hand.

"I agree with you about feeling something between us. I know that it hasn't been long at all, but I can't get you off of my mind," Aaron says shyly.

You give him a huge grin and squeeze his hand.

"And honestly, I don't care about Tyler. You could invite him back to stay the night and I wouldn't give it a second thought, but I have a huge favor to ask."

You raise your eyebrows to encourage him to continue on with his request.

"I know it's super old school, but can we make this official? I want to be your boyfriend. I don't just want to randomly hook up with you. I want more than that."

You can feel your cheeks turn a deep shade of red and you try to contain your smile. You nod your head up and down and latch onto Aaron's neck. He wraps his arms around your waist and you can feel his massive hands move down to your ass.

"You don't waste any time do you?" you say with a laugh.