Lupin Ending - Competing For Affection

Lupin Ending

About an hour later you heard a knock on the door. You got up from the sofa and opened the door.

"Lupin" you said. "Go away"

"Please let me explain" he said. "You've been crying," he noticed.

"No shit" you snapped. "Do as you please."

You walked back in and laid face down on the bed.

"Look (y/n) I'm sorry" he said. "I'm sorry for the arguments"

You laid on the bed not answering.

"I just was" he stopped. "I was jealous"

"Jealous of what?" you asked, narrowing your eyes.

"Of Severus"

"Why?" you asked.

"because I like you (y/n). A lot" Lupin said. "And I was worried, Severus would be better than me. He isn't a werewolf-like me and he doesn't have the scars."

"Remus you idiot" you said.

Lupin looked at you confused. "I like Severus. As a friend. Nothing more"

Lupin raises his eyebrows.

"You shouldn't compare yourself to him," you said", moving towards him on the bed. "I think your scars are beautiful" you reached out to touch his face and felt the cuts.

Remus held your hands in his on his face and smiled. "None has ever done that" he whispered.

You smiled. "Well I have" you whispered. "And you better get used to it."

You leaned towards each other and kissed. Remus moved his hand from his face to yours, deepening the kiss.

You let go and you grinned. "I don't have any more of the rain duck" you said.

"It's okay" he said, kissing your hand. "I'm sure we could drink Severus's corked wine"

You laughed with him and took his hand.

"Remember" you said. "you didn't win me from an argument or because you came to apologise. I chose you because I have always loved you"

"I have always loved you too" Remus whispered. He kisses you again and rested his head on yours. "I'll make tea" he said. "you take yours (how you take your tea)"

"You remembered" you said.

"Of course" he said.