Music Part 3

You sat on the bed, ready for the concert. You were excited to watch it and snuggled under the blankets. Severus smirked, sitting at the piano.

"What will you be playing?" you asked.

Severus got up and thrust into your hands a piece of paper with different names of music scribbled onto it. "I will be playing these," he said flatly. You nodded, watching him sit back down and crack his knuckles slightly before putting his fingers down on the keyboard, and started to play.

(nocturne oubliée in c sharp minor by Chopin. Please debate if it was written by him or not in the comments)

He played with skill, his fingers tapping gently on each key. Slowly he swayed to the music, allowing it to fill him and fall him into a trance. You laid on your front, listening to Severus play the music, hearing his emotions and his passion in the music. Your eyes closed and you sighed, letting the music overtake you and your imagination fly.

You smiled when it finished, Severus looked back at you and smiled happily; he had made you relax. He got up and changed the music.

(Markos and Markos by Tigran Hamasyan.)

This time music had more of a jazzy rhythm, the music swelling and quieting in different parts. It was like it was telling a story of travellers on the sea, Severus creating a story through his playing which lulled you further into relaxation and happiness. Severus seemed to also be lulled into a world of his own, his eyes were mostly closed for it, seeming to know the piece by heart and as he played it, his head swaying slightly. He started to hum some parts, giving the music an extra layer of sound.

You smiled, propping your head up to look at Severus who had his back turned to you. You smiled, he was so talented and you had no idea, his music was beautifully played and the way he reacted with the music showed he was enthralled in it.

Soon this second piece was over and you looked at Severus, excited about the next piece he was going to play. Severus looked back at you and you nodded, clapping slightly at Severus' playing.

"Final piano piece" he said.

You looked, exited as Severus as he sighed, wiggled his fingers and put his fingers on the piano.

(Rhapsody in blue by Gershwin, arranged for the piano)

This piece was very unlike what you think Severus would play, it was jazzy and quick, it sounded difficult, especially as the speed picked up. Severus didn't have his eyes closed and the music was turning for him as he got to the end of the page, he was following the music with his eyes. Severus was quick and agile as he played, having a certain quality of grace as his fingers sped across the keys. Certain keys moved without him pressing them, he must be using magic, to play the keys which he couldn't play with his fingers, especially when it speeds up.

You decided to go up and watch Severus as his fingers sped over the keys, he didn't look up at you, concentrating entirely on the music and hitting each key perfectly. You watched, in awe at his skill, his mind and fingers working well together to hit the notes perfectly both with his fingers and with magic when he needed an extra pair of hands, especially when it got to around 14 minutes in and Severus fingers moved quickly around the keyboard. "Come on" he huffed as the music didn't turn fast enough.