Regret

Warning: attempted suicide. Please don't read if you are effected by this. For those who are I am sorry, I hope you get the help you deserve, you are all strong and brave. Love you all 🥰

(this was inspired by the fact I wanted to drink nail polish today uh oh)

You sat in the bathroom, your arms wrapped around your legs. You hated everything, including yourself. You looked around, unsure what to do. Thoughts went round and round your head, all saying how worthless you were, how even Severus hated you, how you would be better off dead. You had an argument with Severus and it was all your fault, you pushed him away and you felt awful.

Looking at the bathroom cupboard you slid over to it on the floor and opened it. The nail polish looked at you from its spot and you looked at it. It called you.

Picking it out you opened the cap slowly, getting the strong smell of acetone. You put it close to your lips, coughing as you felt the vapor on your lips.

You stared at it for a while, considering. Your hand shook slightly as you put the bottle to your lips, tasting the sweet yet burning mixture on your lips. With one movement you pushed it up, taking a large gulp of the liquid. One went down and another gulp and another until the bottle was empty. You placed it down, your body shaking. Your mouth and throat burned. You started to retch, your body denying the poison. You started to throw up, your whole body shaking further as the nail polish came back up, burning as much as it did on the way down. You put your hand to your head, not hearing Severus opening the door of the bathroom to see you, the bottle of empty nail polish and the sick. Immediately Severus' eyes widened and he grimaced, taking out of his pocket a potion and grabbing your chin.

"Drink this" he said. You shook your head, your stomach aching in pain. "Drink" he said again, pouring the liquid into your mouth. It slid down your throat and made you feel sicker.

"What did you give me?" you asked, terrified.

"It will make sure it is all out of you" Severus said, bringing you up as you threw up again, unable to cope as Severus watched, slowly stroking your back

Soon you stopped throwing up but the pain remained, tears started to fall from your eyes as Severus watched you. "What were you thinking?" he asked, firmly.

"I don't know" you said

"You idiot" he said loudly. "Why did you do this to yourself?"

"I don't know" you said louder, tears starting to fall from your eyes harder.

"Why would you do this to me?" he asked loudly. "I am nothing without you" Severus lip quivered.

"Please stop shouting" you whispered.

Severus' face fell and he sighed, his lip quivered again but he pushed it away. "Okay" he said quieter. "I just am worried, I'm not angry, just worried" he frowned, "Come here love" he said, opening his arms. You fell into them, holding him against you as hard as you could.

"Do you want to tell me why?" he asked.

"I was angry with myself that I argued with you" you murmured, not looking at the man who held you in his arms. "I felt like a burden to you. You are right, I am a silly little girl who needs to grow up"

"No (y/n)" he sighed. "I did not mean that. You know I did not. It was out of anger, that is all" he said gently. "I came here to apologise."

"But I started the argument" you said.

"and I made it heated" Severus replied. "We are both to blame but that does not mean you should try and hurt yourself. Do you understand?"

You nodded shakily, just happy you were safe in Severus arms. "Never do this to me again" Severus said, his voice cracking slightly, gripping your head and pulling you in himself. He never wanted to let go of you

"I'm sorry" you murmured.

You hugged for a while, standing in the middle of the messy bathroom.

It was you who slowly unwrapped your arms from around him and looked up at Severus. It was obvious he had been crying, his eyes were red and his bags larger. "I am just glad you are safe" he said, taking your hand and slipping his fingers through yours.