Mudblood

In this oneshot you are muggle-born, sorry if your OC isn't. This puts you in the place of Lily the Severus called her a mudblood.

"Potter stop it" you said in horror as you watched Severus being hung upside down, Severus looked terrified, his wand on the floor and his jumper falling down to his chin so you could see his white undershirt.

"Why?" James asked you, smirking.

"Do it" you said, shoving Potter.

James smirked at you and carried on, pushing you back slightly, with his wand he pulled down Severus' trousers. This made Severus panic and Remus mutter something in James' ear. James shrugged while you carried on shouting at James to stop. Your pleading just made him carry on until finally James was satisfied at the amount of humiliation he had inflicted onto the Slytherin boy, dropping him from the sky. Severus hit the ground and immediately stood, looking at you and James with angry eyes.

"You did nothing but encourage him, you filthy mudblood" Severus shouted and his face suddenly dropped, and his eyes widened. James and the other Mauraders' eyes widened. You meanwhile stared, your lip slightly quivering and tears filling your eyes, quickly you ran off into the castle, not wanting to getaway. How dare Severus call you that word? You had been friends since the first year, you had helped him, protected him, even loved him. You whipped away your tears as you ran past other students and to a window alcove tucked away in the Astronomy tower where you knew you would be alone.

In this place, you cried and cried, tears slightly blinding you as you rested your head against the stone wall. It was not fair, many had said mudblood to you, it stung but didn't hurt you deeply, however, what Severus said to you today hurt so deeply that you felt like your heart had been ripped to shreds.

You heard a step on the stairs and looked around, seeing Severus coming toward you. "Go away" you called, not wanting to even see him. Severus cringed slightly but sidled closer, in his hand he held something. "I said go away" you said louder, fresh tears starting to swell up.

"(y/n)" he said quietly, "I am sorry" he climbed into the little window alcove, hitting his head slightly on the low wall, this made you laugh slightly as he rubbed his head. Severus settled, crossing his legs and thrust into your hand a chocolate frog.

"Go away, Severus" you said again.

"(y/n) please forgive me" he said quietly, "I didn't mean it"

"Yeah right" you muttered, placing the chocolate frog down next to you and sighing, looking out of the window. "Sure you do"

"I didn't think (y/n)" he said, trying to persuade you, his eyes were full of fear and grief, Severus was terrified he would lose his only friend, the one who he was losing by saying one stupid thing out of anger and fear. "Please"

"Go away Severus or I will call my head of house" you said.

Severus sighed and slowly left you, going down the stairs again. "I am sorry" was his parting words.

You carried on looking out of the window, at the rain which had started to fall. Part of you wanted to forgive Severus, yet what he said to you was not right and it hurt deeply. Slowly you picked up the frog and rolled your eyes, it had already been opened. "So much for a gift" you muttered, unwrapping it and taking out the frog, holding it in your hand. Picking up the card you turned it to see the famous celebrity. However what you saw was not a celebrity, rather it was you. Confused, you looked at it closer, you smiled and waved, flipping your hair slightly. Turning it you saw the message.