100 Years - Part 2

It was finally over and Severus breathed a sigh of relief. By a decision only of fate, he managed to escape the clutches of the snake and survive.

He now looked upon the ruins of the castle. It didn't feel right. Not without you. He wished to find you and to hold you again. He thought you had gone to America but he doubted his memories.

Severus decided to ask McGonagall when things had settled down. She told you that you had moved to. America but moved again to New Zealand. Severus thanked Manerva who told him that he was fired unless he sorted out his attitude and brought you back to teach. She was only half-joking with that and Severus knew it.

Severus didn't need a lot for his searching. Only his wand, cash and an extendable bag. He managed to find some of your family who told you that you lived in Akaroa which was a gorgeous town flanked with hills and the sea. 

Severus nodded and disparated. At this point Severus was desperate. He needed to find you. Severus first asked local people who told of a beautiful woman who lived up in the hills in a little cabin. Severus chuckled, that was you, mysterious as always. Severus headed up the hills to find you. This took time, the heat beat down on him so he took his cape off and tied his hair up to keep the sweat out of his face.  

"Severus?" you heard behind you. Severus turned to you leaning on a tree. "Your very sweaty"

Severus crossed his arms. "After three years that is the first thing you say to me?" Severus asked.

"What else is there to say?" you asked, walking past him up the pathway and then into the brush toward a small cabin. You wore a thin shirt and shorts which showed you off perfectly. Severus followed you carefully and stood outside the cabin. "Come in then Sevvy" you muttered. "You will die of heatstroke if you carry on standing out there" 

Severus walked into your cabin and marvelled. It was beautiful, decorated with plants, potions and other things. You placed your bag of shopping on the table and looked back at him. "Don't sit on my couch Mr sweaty until you have had a shower." Severus raised his eyebrows.  "I am looking out for my couches" you moaned and Severus rolled his eyes. "I am sure I have some of your clothes I accidentally packed. So you go and relax"

"I actually wanted to talk." Severus muttered.

"Then we can talk while you are in the shower." you answered. You dug into your draws and pulled out one of Severus's shirts you had stolen.  Severus sighed and got into the shower, pulling the shower curtain hallway across.

You walked in and placed the shirt and one of your larger trousers on the sink. "stay" Severus said over the shower. You sighed and flopped into the floor.  "We need to talk about what happened"

"Well that's obvious" you muttered.

"Listen (y/n)" he snaped.

"Why should I?" you asked annoyed. "You are the one who didn't listen when I left. I asked why and you didn't say"

"I broke up with you because you were in danger"

"In danger of what?" you scoffed.

"You may have been killed by the deatheaters." he muttered.

"I am a capable witch" you muttered. "You didn't take into account my feelings when you broke it off"

"I was doing what was best" Severus snapped

"Best for you" you hissed

"I wouldn't be able to live with myself if you died." Severus shouted

"This is my life Severus" you shouted back. "You idiot. I accepted when you told me what you are that I would be in danger"

"You don't know how far the danger is" Severus said. 

"Then why are you here?" you snapped "If just to taunt me"

"I'm here to ask you back" Severus said. "I missed you and now Lord Voldermort is defeated we are safe"

"Why would I want to go back with a man who doesn't care for my decisions" you muttered

"Because I changed" Severus said.

"How have you changed?" you asked.

"Being eaten alive by a giant snake I realised what my priorities are" Severus said. "And that" he muttered, grabbing a towel and putting it around himself. "That is you"

You stared at his scars. You stood and rubbed them, they looked painful. Severus took your wrists. "I am still in love with you (y/n)" he cooed. "More than I could have ever guessed".

"I am still in love with you too Severus" you whispered, tears in your eyes. You hugged him closely, feeling his body with yours. 

"I will never leave you again" Severus murmured. "If you wish to come back to England. McGonagall has offered you job back at Hogwarts"

You smiled and looked around and sighed. "I love this place" you murmured. "It makes me feel happy and at home"

Severus looked around and frowned. "We can stay here or we can go back to England." he said.

 You raised your eyebrows. "You will have to get used to the heat in the summer" you said.

"Cooling potions it is" he said  "I want you to decide what we do next, whatever you are comfortable with. I never want to see you sad again" he kissed you gently and you melted into him with his words

You thought and rubbed Severus' chest gently.