Veritaserum

This idea originates from Briena on tiktok. 

You walked into the potions room exhausted from the day of teaching and walked up to Severus' desk where he sat marking work.

"Good evening (y/n)" he said, looking down at the markings again.

"Evening Sev" you murmured, "Oh I'm just going to have some of that water" you said, picking up a mug and taking a swig.

Severus looked up at you and leaned back. "That isn't water (y/n)" he said, making you stop drinking and put it down, confused.

"What is it?" you asked, getting worried that you had drunk some strange poison.

"That was Veritaserum" Severus said simply.

"Really?" you asked. "A potion in a mug?"

"It was the closest receptacle" Severus said.

"Wait, was it important?" you asked, looking at the half-drunk mug of Veritaserum.

"I can make a new batch" Severus said simply. "It is not an issue"

"How long will the effects go on for?" you asked, going red in worry

Severus chuckled. "Only for a few minutes" Severus cooed, he stood, smirking slightly. "Now tell me, darling, where do you want me to kiss you?" His words were like velvet and as much as you didn't want to say you blurted out your neck. Severus smirked, placing his hands on your hips and starting to kiss your neck, he nibbled and left wet kisses along the side of your neck. "Now then" he whispered in your ear, his warm breath making you shiver. "Do you love me?"

"Of course" you said, leaning into Severus' head, your eyes closed. "You didn't need a truth potion to ask though"

Severus did not answer, resting his head against your neck. "I love you also" he said against your skin, you reached out your arms to let them snake around Severus' chest and hug into him as you rested against him, waves of tiredness fell over you which was one of the side effects of the potion, you could not help shutting your eyes for a few moments and falling asleep against Severus.

Severus slowly moved his head away from your neck and watched as you gently breathed. His poor little thing, falling asleep against him, he had planted the Veritaserum to just make sure as he could not use legitimus on you. Severus picked you up, you would not be asleep for long.