100 years

Short one-shot based on the great song 100 days. It's pretty jazzy

Severus sat in his room, looking up at the top of his room. He missed you, more than he could say. He had left you. To keep you safe.  When he did that he didn't factor in how much he would miss you. Everything reminded him of you, the clouds, blossoms that bloomed in spring, torches to name some. 

It had been a year since and you had quit your job at Hogwarts and went far away. He grieved so much he couldn't stand when you first left. He needed you to go but he hated to see it when it happened. You reacted in grief, immediately packing your bags and leaving while Severus sat on the bed, his stony face masking his own grief. When this was all over he would find you, even if it was 100 years.

When he was alone he remembered you and him sitting in a small glade in the forbidden forest. Severus had created a safety forcefield and had made this little place your second home. You laid, kissed, read and just sat. He would sometimes go back, running his fingers through the springy grass and picking the clovers which grew there, he tried to find a four-leafed one but never found it.

Severus had also found Amortentia soothing, enjoying your smell where ever he went. He kept it in his inside pocket and when he felt lonely he would deeply inhale, smelling your scent, like you was there next to you. He had also made a potion which had your smell and cured sadness for a short time, he made large batches of them, getting through as many as eleven in a bad night. The potion brought him back to the glade and to your arms, you holding him into your chest you both watching the stars twinkle in the sky.

Severus sighed, looking around. None in his room but him and his thoughts. He got up and grabbed one of the many potions and downed it. He smiled, the effects taking effect immediately. He smiled widely and dropped onto the floor. He would find you, one day.