Valentines day

(Fanart by uuyly on deviant art)

You woke early on Valentine's day to see Severus still snoring gently, he held a cushion close to his chest. You made an aww sound, he thought he was holding you close to him. You shook your head and got into your clothes for another day of teaching, you knew Severus liked sleeping in on Thursdays as he had no lessons until third. You kissed his head and left the room. You wondered if Severus knew what day it was and if he actually remembered a gift. Well, you would find out.

When Severus woke he was surprised at what he clutched to himself and got up from the bed. What day was it? he thought and looked at the calendar and froze. Valentines. He was dreading today because it was another day for gifts and Severus hated giving gifts, not because he wasn't generous but because he was anxious that the person wouldn't like it, although he didn't show it. Severus had never had the need to buy gifts until you came into his life and he was always worried you would hate what he would give. He checked on the gift he had bought which was hidden in his potions closet which he hid everything from his gifts for you to a picture of his mother. The gift was there and he smiled, going down the ladder he got dressed and got ready for his first lesson.

You watched your class as they passed notes to each other. You decided to not catch them on this, for as much as you didn't like note passing it was Valentines and stopping the passing of love notes would be cruel. You also gave less homework that lesson to the class but reminded them to revision for the topic they were on. 

You went into your desk and made sure your present for Severus was still there, it was a book you had made of different things in your relationship, the spells you had made together, pictures of you two and little affirmations so that when you were away he knew you still loved him. It was wrapped in brown paper and you hoped he would like it, you put a lot of effort into it.

You got up from your desk and wondered over to lunch, sitting next to Severus. The great hall was decorated for the day. Severus sneered at the floating hearts and ribbons on the tables and took a sip of his pumpkin juice. 

"You didn't wake me up" Severus stated.

"I didn't" you answered. "You looked cosy and you said you didn't like being woken on Thursdays"

Severus shrugged and carried on eating his food slowly. You both watched as different students gave each other letters. It was cute, to see the love in the air.

"Do you want to have dinner in your quarters?" you asked.

"I do not see why not" Severus said

You nodded and went back to eating. This would mean you would have to cook something. Severus's Thursdays on the 2nd of the month were so free for him and you kind of wanted to ask him to cook seeing as you had four more lessons to teach today. However, you decided not to and didn't mention it, instead finishing your meal and getting up. "I have a lesson to prepare." you said sighing. "I will see you at the dungeons" 

Severus nodded and watched you go. He could sense you felt like you had to cook dinner. Severus though great at potions was not the best at cooking but he decided to try. Using flu powder he went into London and looked for something nice. He came across a food kit which had been made by some high-end restaurant and returned to Hogwarts, set to make a romantic meal. The came with ingredients to make some kind of pasta and had a bottle of red wine. Severus got ready to cook the meal before teaching his final lesson of the day. Everything had to be perfect to thank you for looking after him and his emotions.

Severus came out of his lesson exhausted, stupid kids and their stupid emotions, he could hear everyone as their mind whirred of different people they wanted to go out with. He found it distracting and annoying but he couldn't help listen to the weekly gossip with the teachers which he always won with the amount of tea he managed to gain.

He took the ingredients and started to cook the pasta which was advertised. It went well and Severus enjoyed the prosses, being easier and less taxing than potion-making as he could get the room ready while it cooked. 

You had just finished your last lesson and put your head on the desk. Last lesson was so difficult and none wanted to do the work. Now you had to cook dinner for Severus who had even with the hearts forgot it was Valentine's day.

Getting up from the seat you grabbed your present for Severus and walked down to the dungeons. You rubbed your eyes and went into Severus' quarters to smell tomato, cheese, basil and pasta. You grinned and ran into the kitchen to see Severus placing a little flower into a glass beaker.

"Severus" you said grinning. "Thank you"

"You where busy" Severus said, going towards the meal and putting sauce onto the pasta. "Also I heard you thinking you wanted me to cook dinner"

"I didn't want to be awkward" you muttered and put the book into his hands. 

Severus looked down questioningly and unwrapped it to discover the dark hardback book. He flipped a page open which landed on a double-page spread picture of you and Severus laughing. You held hands and looked in love. He went to another page where you had written a love sonnet. Severus kept looking through it. He had no emotion on his face and you were worried you had done something wrong, and that he hated it. 

"So?" you asked.

Severus coughed and a tear fell onto a page, he sniffed and you looked up at him. 

"Are you okay?" you asked.

Severus put the book down and he kissed you passionately, holding onto your hips and hugging into you. You sighed into his lips and hugged him back. He let go and grabbed your hair with both his hands and put your foreheads together.  "It's beautiful" he whispered and held you to him for a while, listening to your breathing. 

"Darling" you murmured, pulling him back from his daze. "We should eat something." Severus pulled away from you and put the plates on the table. He opened the bottle of wine and poured you and glass and then him one. He sat with you and you began to eat the delicious meal.

Severus had never been gifted anything as beautiful and personal and he planned to treasure it forever. Now Severus was worried, what if his gift you hated? Severus was tearing himself up inside as he ate. You noticed his worry and you took his hand. "Whats wrong?" you ask quietly. "Is it me?"

"No" he said quickly. "No, I" he sighed and got up. "I will be back"

Severus left the table and you looked at him confused. Severus left the room and after a short while returned with a small box. He sat and pushed the box across the table to you. Curiously you picked it up and opened the box

"It is the only thing my mother left me, apart from one picture" Severus said

"It is the only thing my mother left me, apart from one picture" Severus said. "I want you to have it because you are the most important person in my life now"

You started to cry and slipped the ring onto your finger. He was so honest and the ring was so beautiful. Severus immediately got up and hugged you into him. "What's wrong?" he asked worried.

"It's so beautiful" you said grinning through the tears.

"You are so beautiful" Severus murmured and pulled you into a kiss. "And I will never let you go"

"Good" you said grabbing hold of his coat. "Thank you for such a wonderful evening"

"I can make it more wonderful" he muttered. 

You smirked. "Do it" you said grinning. 

Severus immediately picked you up and pushed you into the room and threw you down onto the bed.