Chapter 43: Leotine Moores

This chapter is brought to you by 大鱼 by Zhou Shen. 

Edited by: bafflinghaze

---

Back at the Moores Manor, a gentle-looking man with ginger hair and charcoal-black eyes stood anxiously in front of the gates.

Despite the humid weather, he was wearing fleece pajamas under a woolen coat. It was summer, but the shivers that erupted through his body occasionally said otherwise for the man.

There were many servants surrounding him, visibly distressed as his breath grew shallow and short. The man had been standing there for over an hour.

Soon, a carriage with the Elysium Family crest pulled in front of the manor gate.

The door opened and a boy with ash-grey hair stepped out. The moment his feet touched the ground, the ginger-haired man was already moving forward, his slippers nearly flying off in his haste.

"Master Leotine, be careful!" A servant cried out.

But the man ignored him. Instead, his focus was on the boy.

When Elliot arrived back at the manor, it wasn't only the servants waiting at the gates, but Leotine, standing there with a worried face and an even more worrisome complexion.

His mood plummeted after seeing his older brother.

"Elliot," Leotine greeted with a smile.

Elliot walked around him.

His brother called his name a second time, but he kept walking.

Then he heard Leotine say, "Could all of you please give us a moment?"

A maidservant with a flat expression bowed her head. "Apologies, Master Leotine, but someone has to escort you back to your bedroom."

Leotine smiled at her gently, "It is alright. My brother will escort me back."

Elliot froze when he heard this.

Then he immediately turned with an angry scowl and glared at his brother.

"What the hell, Leotine?!"

But before he could make his displeasure further known by running away, the servants started to vacate the area like a pack of rats. They disappeared before he could stop them.

Now left by themselves, Leotine approached him with a small smile and reached for his arm.

"Elliot—"

Elliot dodged his brother's hand and aggressively took several large steps toward the main entrance. He intended to leave Leotine in the dust.

"Elliot, wait!"

"Do you know anything else besides my name?!"

Elliot couldn't help but shout back. His brother was like a broken record, constantly calling out to him despite knowing how much he despised him.

Unexpectedly, Leotine started to give chase.

Elliot could hear his footsteps and the pitter-patter of those goddamned slippers...!

His health was bad enough, so why was he wasting his energy performing this angsty bullshit—

"Ah!"

Elliot heard a thud behind him.

Whipping his head around, he saw Leotine on the ground.

His brother had a hand pressed against his chest and his breathing was quick and short. His face had nearly turned white, his pallor almost translucent, and there was a sheen of sweat on his brow.