Chapter 33: Cornflower p.2

This chapter is brought to you by Heartbeat by BTS. 

Edited by: bafflingzhaze

---

When the carriage with the Odum crest pulled into town, it only drew some attention before being dismissed as the eldest Odum child coming for his weekly visit. It stopped at the side of the road and the door flew open with little fanfare.

"Young Master," Rainier made his way out and held out a hand.

Neo took the offered hand and unboarded the carriage with steady steps.

There were a few people who couldn't help but look, despite this being a common occurrence. The bastard of the Odum Family was known for being a sneaky and scummy troublemaker. Ever since he cut his hair, his appearance could be clearly seen from every angle.

He was as pale as the rest of the Duke's family, his hair as black as night. His posture exuded the elegance and grace of his noble blood, and with every step he took, one could make out his cold face, impassive towards the onlookers.

Several young ladies swooned while many young men stared.

The adults only shook their heads.

After instructing the carriage driver to wait for them, Neo headed for his destination.

They were in town today to pick up some plants he ordered for his glasshouse.

Back in the modern world, there were a few research facilities he had worked for that grew their own pharmaceutical plants. These facilities usually had several investments under their belt and more space to develop. On the rare occasions where Neo found himself relocated to smaller laboratories, his resources had to come from external sources, which meant slower research growth.

When the pandemic started, he had the good fortune of being located in an institution with an agricultural facility. With near-unlimited resources, willpower, and coffee, Neo and his colleagues started the trial vaccines within a year of setting up their laboratory space.

Thanks to this, he managed to cultivate an antidote to fully eradicate the deadly virus plaguing the world for half a decade.

"Young Master, what exactly are we looking for?" Rainier asked after Neo pulled him into an alleyway.

"The apothecary," Neo answered, looking around to see if there was anyone else traveling through the alleys.

The narrow space was two-person wide. Nonetheless, Rainier stepped closer to him, closing the distance so Neo could faintly feel his body heat. The taller man loomed over him like a large shadow, encompassing his figure entirely.

It wasn't appropriate for them to be so close. Rainier was a servant and Neo his master.

But neither seemed to realize nor care for enacting the proper code of conduct between a master and servant, especially not after their trip to the Red Light District.

"I thought the local apothecary was on the main street," Rainier pointed with mild exasperation.

"That one doesn't sell plants banned by the Church."

The corner of Rainier's lips twitched. Whether it was in amusement or exasperation, Neo couldn't tell.

"Why would Young Master want plants forbidden by the Church?"

Neo woodenly stared ahead, "Why else?" He tapped the area under his left collarbone and received a knowing look for his action. "Ortho and Artho have powder hogroot and snakeweed nectar. Quill said they could erase the physical marks."