Chapter 6: Tea

This chapter is brought to you by Aewol by MoonMoon. 

Edited by: bafflinghaze

Someone commented about love at first sight regarding Sutton, but his character setting is like that for a very specific purpose. I won't explain it further, as we have not come to that point in the story yet. You guys will understand when the time comes. 

Anyway, the main pairing in this story is Neo/Happiness. There will be romance--eventually--but I need to look at my notes and see who is most suitable for my child. Without further ado, please enjoy this chapter.

-Clowd

---

When the sun rose the next day, Neo woke up and stared at the ceiling in a daze.

Having technically not slept for days—if he didn't count his death as sleeping—the moment he got home from St. Achilles, he went to bed without any dinner.

His excursion into town had left him exhausted. It wasn't every day someone was given the chance to go back to their past life. His mind had eventually processed the entirety of his situation by evening, so he passed out the moment his head hit the pillow.

When he woke up again to his luxurious bedroom, he shut his eyes and prayed this was all a dream.

—Only to open them and realize this is very much his reality.

He gave up hoping and fell back into a neutral state of mind—repressing his grief for a rainy day.

Some might say Neo was a bit lax with these things—repressing and replacing, ignoring the bad, and wearing rose-tinted lense—but Neo wasn't much of a fighter once he'd weighed the pros and cons of his situation.

It was more accurate to say he'd grown to be a pragmatist.

Very early on, he realized he was at a disadvantage no sooner after he woke up.

It was quite apparent when faced with the fact he possessed no other talents besides his researching abilities and his scheming ways, and the latter skill hadn't been used since he was stabbed through with a sword.

Being a researching medical doctor didn't give him god-tier powers or significant magical abilities. He was just a very patient man with critical thinking skills and the audacity to write scathing essays about the health care systems around the world.

As Nazareth, he learned casting and charmwork, but it didn't mean he was amazingly gifted at either of these. If he was, the Magic Tower would have extended an invitation to join them years ago.

Not that he wanted to.

Magic engineering was never in his field of interest. They didn't speak to him as strongly as healing did.

Neo wanted to continue working in the same profession this life. Poison, healing, medicine, he was good at it.

He loved it.

He died for it.

If he can still do it even without being in the Modern World, then why wouldn't he?

This resolve was long formed decades ago when he took the oath to better humanity.

It would be difficult to achieve due to his current grades, but not impossible.

As for the mistakes of his past, there is no harm in fixing what he'd done.

There can only be one answer to a scum's redemption, and that is the law of equal exchange.

Neo doesn't know how he was able to come back to this world, but he won't waste it. It's not like he is overwhelmed by his position in life. Compared to his siblings, he had more freedom than anyone could realize.