Extra 5: The Tragedy of Ohmlet Act II

This chapter is brought to you by 너 때문에 미쳐 by T-ARA.

Edited by: bafflinghaze

---

The Tragedy of Ohmlet was a tragedy.

It ended in a terrible bloodbath with a bunch of people dead, and the worst part about it was that the story was inspired by an incident that happened long before the birth of the Rhine Empire.

Historians have tried to piece together the clues, narrowing down the numerous ancient massacres throughout history, but the truth of the legend was hard to determine.

The legendary playwright, Willith Iamtis Skearshape, turned the tale into a work of art when he listened to a group of merchants recall the story of a town called Ohmlet that burst into flames and disappeared from the map.

This was back before the Great Unification. Exploration was a hard venture in times of chaos and war, thus, the history of Ohmlet and its existence continues to baffle historians to this day.

"Which is why, if you all with patient ears can please await, I give you all the tale of Sir Gilbert and Lady Rose... "

It was true that in fair Ohmlet where they laid their scene, an ancient grudge appeared amidst the calm.

Two families, both alike in dignity...

The Elisia Family and the Oldham Family have always had a distinct rivalry between them. As this was a time before the birth of Rhine, violence, chaos, and casual bloodshed were a common thing—especially in a town ruled by two powerful families.

Their fight spanned from long ago when the ancient Euris Empire once stood tall. No one knew why the families hated each other, but it was said that an angered spirit once cursed them to despise one another, thus beginning a history of destruction.

The Tragedy of Ohmlet began approximately five years before the two families perished alongside the town of Ohmlet.

In a busy market square, members of the two households coincidentally encountered one another, and things went sour very quickly.

"You absolute swine! How dare you?" The woman who was once the nursemaid of the Elisia family's precious ward cried out, her red hair beaming in the sunlight as she drew her blade against her opponent with no hesitation.

Her opponent, Ferdinand, a member of the Oldham Family, merely sneered, taunting her further while he and his fellow men cornered her on all sides.

From a distance, other members of the Elisia Family could be seen approaching from a distance after noticing one of their own being outnumbered.

The townspeople took cover, running away to seek shelter against the storm.

The battles between the Elisias and the Oldhams were a common sight in Ohmlet. Everyone knew to stay out of their way, lest they wished to die an early death.

It was said that the former nurse of Lady Rose would commonly square off against Ferdinand, a servant of the Oldham Family.

There was also another man who stood in between the conflict, especially if the battles turned too violent.

"Enough, Ferdinand! Part these people with me, or else!" A man appeared amidst the battle, swords drawn as he bargained for order.

He was Othello, the beloved cousin of Lady Rose.

"Damn you, Othello! A dirty mongrel of the Elisia House only knows how to surrender when the odds are against you!"

"Are you implying something, Ferdinand?" Othello demanded.