Chapter 16: Conversations

This chapter is brought to you by Seesaw by SUGA. 

Edited by: bafflinghaze

---

The dining hall was a crowded space with serving staff rushing from table to table.

A waiter was immediately assigned to them once they sat down.

It was a well-known fact that the Noble Academy was the best school in the Empire. An education facility catering to the rich and powerful would not be lacking anything—be it materials, resources, or dining.

It was all incredibly extra, but what could they do about it when they had more money than they could ever spend in an entire lifetime?

The food in the academy's famous dining hall was deemed excellent, made by the best chefs on the continent. The staff consisted of top graduates of the Servant Academy, the Gourmet Academy, and even the world's renowned Vinification Academy of the Francois Republic.

Nothing but the best for those born privileged.

Not that there was anything wrong with being born privileged.

"Any refreshments, My Lords?"

"Water is fine."

Neo handed his menu back to the waiter.

The waiter bowed with a charming smile. If he was nervous about serving Neo and his companions, he didn't show it.

"Your order..." Finneas trailed off.

"Should I have gotten more?" Neo held up a hand to call for another waiter, but Finneas quickly cut him off.

"No—wait, how the fuck are you going to finish all of that?"

"It's just some bread and soup."

"That's four bowls of soup and five sandwiches. Who the hell is going to finish all of that?!"

Finneas didn't bother to filter himself. Seeing as he wasn't dead after cussing him out, the other naturally decided there was no need to keep himself in check.

Perhaps it was because Nazareth had apologized. Sometimes, a simple apology from the one person Finneas wouldn't have expected to get an apology from was... nice. Uncharacteristic, but nice. He was more thrown off by the action than the emotional weight behind the apology.

Neo glanced at Tybalt, who so far remained tight-lipped. The other boy caught him staring and they made eye contact.

Slowly, Neo asked, "Do you mind sharing?"

The lavender-eyed boy smiled, but it was hard to tell what he was thinking. "Not at all, but I can't promise I'll help you eat it all."

"That's fine. I can finish the rest."

"... Where the fuck does it all go?"

Tybalt looked at him in amusement.

The waiter arrived with a pitcher of water.

"Is elderblossom water fine with you, My Lords?"

Neo made a gesture for him to serve it.

The waiter poured the water into tall glasses and garnished it with blossom petals and mint leaves.

It was very fancy water.

Throughout the process, Neo noticed that despite the smile on Tybalt's face, there was tension in his shoulders.

The waiter soon left and Neo reached over to grab one of the glasses. He placed it in front of Tybalt, who looked at him in surprise.

"Drink."