Chapter 27: Elliot

This chapter is brought to you by WINTER FLOWER(Feat.RM) by Youhna and RM. 

Edited by: bafflinghaze

---

Although it was late afternoon and the students of the Noble Academy had ended their lessons for the day in favor of their extracurricular activities, not all students lived by this schedule.

For example, in the Elysium Manor, the heir was in his pajamas and was currently lying in bed with a book on his lap.

"Master Julius."

A servant walked into his bedroom with an envelope.

"There is a message for you from Young Master Odum."

Julius' eyes drew away from the book and landed on the letter in the servant's hand.

A look of interest showed on his face as the servant placed the letter down in front of him and took a step back.

Julius saw the date on the letter. It was sent two months ago.

He became upset once he realized this, and glared at the servant, "Has father been keeping my letters from me?"

The servant bowed his head, "The Master wanted you to pay attention to your health before anything else."

Julius scowled.

Nazareth was going to be pissed.

They weren't necessarily close in the way friends and companions were, but they were allies.

Their group rarely got together—at most, once a month—but during the few meetings they had, it was usually to go over plans and negotiate certain terms.

Nazareth was always the most ambitious amongst them.

For whatever reason, Lester looked up to him as some type of brotherly figure—(may the gods have mercy on that kid for wanting a guy who's hellbent on murdering his little brother to be his older brother)—while Elliot tried to emulate his ambitions with little success.

They had been making progress by leaps and bounds ever since they started working together toward their individual goals.

Nazareth had the plans, Elliot had the illegal connections, and Lester had the righteous associations and was knowledgeable of its loopholes.

Julius had the name and all the weight that came with it.

He was the oldest of the group, but it was clear Nazareth led them, either through his wit and merciless execution of any task they needed to complete, or his unyielding nature and genius in the art of poison.

Although Julius didn't always approve of Nazareth's methods, he never spoke out against them, either.

It was only due to the ties they'd made and the wealth of connections the four of them have built up that he continued to support Nazareth's ways.

There was a certain quality in the way they worked when the four of them joined hands.

—So Julius grew apprehensive when he saw the letter.

For Nazareth to write him a formal letter and allow it to go through the proper procedures—this was an ominous sign.

Nazareth and the others knew letters would take the longest to reach him. It was why they developed other forms of communication... so why?

He opened the envelope.

The servant standing silently by his master's bed felt an odd chill in the room.