Chapter 13: Alleyway

This chapter is brought to you by We are from the K-Drama Law School by Seung-Yoon Lee.

To my old readers, some of you have asked for a fight scene in the Discord. You have asked and I have given. I tried. We stan reasonable violence. By word or by knife. Huzzah. 

Edited by: bafflinghaze

---

Aurelion felt himself being grabbed roughly, practically plucked off the street without a single thought of being discreet.

There was no warning. The action was swift, leaving no traces despite his silent struggle.

It was amazing how no one noticed. Or if they did, they turned a blind eye in fear of getting involved.

Once his kidnapper managed to drag him bodily into the filthy alleyway, Aurelion elbowed the person holding him right in the gut. The arms around him loosened as his kidnapper grunted.

The Odum heir took this moment to break free from their hold.

He scrambled away, but four other people soon cornered him against the wall. Their swords were drawn and aimed directly toward him in a threatening manner. He surveyed the surroundings. The alleyway was a closed space with one exit. Beyond that was a dead end too tall to climb over.

Aurelion noticed the length of the swords. They were too long to be effective in this space. He concluded they were being used as a form of intimidation, likely to keep him quiet.

This meant there were three possibilities for the purpose of this kidnapping.

Option A: There was a seventy-five percent chance they wouldn't necessarily hurt him and preferred him alive. This option would be right if they intended to bring him to a client who wanted to use him as ransom.

Option B: In the case of which his kidnappers were crazy and would rather torture him slowly, the percentage would be twenty.

Or Option C: As for the last five percent, he hazarded a guess that they would auction him off in the black market, which was the least favorable choice as he knew his mother would go on a rampage to retrieve him and leave a massacre in her wake.

Aurelion deftly reached into his pocket and drew out two small knives.

It was a weekend. He would rather not have to deal with any of these choices today.

His action was noticed by one of the figures, who sneered condescendingly at him.

What would a young master like him know how to use a knife?

A young master with a crazy older brother. They underestimated his own capabilities.

The alleyway began to grow cold as sapphire eyes narrowed into slits.

Both sides were silent and still.

As the tense atmosphere became stifling, his kidnappers moved.

One of the hooded men reached out to grab him, but Aurelion ruthlessly stabbed a knife into his gut. The man groaned but soon revealed a cunning smirk.

Aurelion's eyes widened as he grabbed his wrist and proceeded to shove the knife deeper into his stomach.

The knife was snatched away and the man retreated.

The Odum Heir felt another person descend upon him soon after, their arms reaching out towards his neck.

Without only one weapon left, he could only go on the defense.

Aurelion was able to narrowly avoid a chokehold with a kick to the shin. He blocked a blade coming towards his side, barely, with his remaining knife, and clumsily shifted back to gain more distance.