Chapter 17: Emblem

This chapter is brought to you by Moonshot by N.Flying.

Edited by: bafflinghaze

---

In the late afternoon, the Eldest Young Master of the Odum Family was found in the main kitchen hall.

The staff stood on the side, watching in trepidation as the youth stood in front of the stove with a wooden spoon in his hand. He had his sleeves rolled up and a calm gaze as he tossed some yellow dandelions into a saucepan.

The sight was oddly... domestic.

A few of the younger maidservants couldn't help but take a peek at the infamous Young Master Nazareth. He appeared oddly relaxed, despite the rumors saying otherwise.

In the far corner of the kitchen, the head chef could be seen standing with his back to the walls, his pallor a pasty white as he nervously rubbed his hands anxiously against each other.

The saucepan belonged to him.

Seeing it in the hands of their destructive Young Master, he was naturally apprehensive.

Would this be the day he would lose his beloved copper-enameled saucepan?

He only had this saucepan for a few decades—it was barely old enough to be considered a family heirloom after he won it from the hands of his arch-nemesis, the head chef of the Imperial Family.

It had helped him serve many fantastic meals over the years and he'd taken great care of it as if it were his own child.

Wuwuwuwu~ QAQ...

The Young Master brought the mixture to a boil and watched as it turned the color of amber. He tasted it, before adding more tree sap.

Once the syrup finally turned the consistency of honey, he carefully poured the contents of the saucepan into a clay pot.

"Young Master."

A tall shadow suddenly loomed over him.

The youth turned and saw his personal servant standing only a few feet away, hands behind his back and a charming smile plastered to his face. His 'gaze' was turned in the direction of the clay pot.

The Young Master expressionlessly lifted the spoon he used to stir with and brought it close to Rainier's face.

"Here. Try this."

The servant obediently opened his mouth.

Something sweet fell on his tongue. It was sticky and syrupy in texture, but unusually fragrant.

The scent was strangely familiar...

Rainier's brows furrowed. "This is...?"

"Dandelion syrup. Good?"

The servant's smile remained. "It's edible."

---

They eventually left the kitchen.

Neo had wanted to help clean, seeing as he was the one who borrowed the kitchen utilities, but a maidservant snatched everything away and drove him out.

It took him a brief moment to remember his current status. The son of a duke should not be washing dishes in the kitchen, regardless if he were to make a mess.

His Pa would likely scoff at this archaic notion. Pa was the one in charge of the cooking. His Ma cleaned the dishes after every meal, and Neo helped when he could, especially when he visited them.