Chapter 28: Serian

Ko-fi Chapter 1/2: Thank you for all your support!

This chapter is brought to you by Tick Tock by Day6. 

Edited by: bafflinghaze

---

Serian knew what this looked like, hiding behind a bush and overhearing a conversation he definitely had no right overhearing.

He was not, in fact, spying on Lione's older brother.

Being discovered by Nazareth was not the plan, but the universe had manifested the only thing he had vehemently wished against at that moment and chose to out him like a peeping tom.

A knife went sailing over the bush he had been crouching behind and loudly embedded itself into the tree behind him.

It missed his head by a few feet, but Serian screamed like the coward he was after catching a glimpse of how deeply entrenched the blade was.

"How much did you hear?"

Lione's brother demanded with an edge to his voice.

It took nearly a minute for Serian to deliberate his next course of action. Sweat ran down his back as he nervously swallowed.

Although Nazareth only stood there, the oppressive nature of his presence was practically forcing Serian to crawl out from his safe haven like a prey animal marching to its death.

With as much dignity as he could muster, he stumbled out as gracefully as he could and nearly tripped over the bush.

After recovering from his near fall, he instantly froze on the spot once he was met with the sight of red vermillion eyes atop an icy countenance befitting of an Odum.

If Serian knew any better, Nazareth almost appeared judgmental with the way his lips thinned and his brows set.

The Crown Prince rubbed the back of his neck and choked out a nervous laugh.

He was a bystander, he didn't mean to eavesdrop, he was innocent.

INNOCENT!

At least Lione's brother doesn't look scary anymore...

He tried to tell himself while internally shedding tears of sadness for his inevitable demise.

Nazareth's hair was previously unkempt and messy. He had worn it long, and it had covered his face like a demon from hell.

A demon, a wraith, death's embodiment—he always looked like some crazy psycho belonging to a mental institution, or a wanted criminal chasing someone through the back alleys with a knife.

Both images were very oddly specific, but it looked like the vibe Nazareth was going for!

He was far more approachable now, but it didn't make him any less dangerous...!

Nazareth took a step forward.

Serian took three steps back and almost tripped over a bush... again.

The older boy paused and stared at him.

Serian stared back.

He had claimed he could take on Nazareth if he ever hurt Lione, but thinking something and actually doing it only led to disappointment when reality hit like a horse.

Forget squaring off with Nazareth, the other would kill him after this and no one would know because his body would never be found.

Serian couldn't confirm it, but Lione's brother always looked like he had the power to do anything and get away with it.