Chapter 14: Coffee

This chapter is brought to you by Sunshine by Stray Kids.

Edited by: bafflinghaze

---

After the kidnapping incident, Titus and his goons were arrested.

There was no public trial to be had. It was decided that the fallen noble would be confined to his home for the next year.

He also lost his rights to The Lover Cafe. The establishment was scheduled to be renovated into another business and many couples were saddened by the loss of the romantic eatery.

The light sentencing for Titus was only due to the lack of evidence. Besides the kidnapping, the knights could only rule the incident as an act of intimidation, since Nazareth and Aurelion both made it out unscathed.

It would be more accurate to label Titus as the real victim, seeing as he was thoroughly beaten into the ground without any mercy by Nazareth's hands.

What happened thereafter was a series of... unfortunate events... befalling the Phelan Household.

For starters, their reputation fell to the very bottom of Noble Society... again. The Baron had a stroke after hearing the news second-hand.

When he became bedridden, the Baroness decided to take another six-month vacation back to her maiden home, not even an hour after she stepped down from her carriage.

As for the current heir of the Phelan Family, he was away on a diplomatic mission for the Imperial Family when the Baron became bedridden. Although custom demanded that he return and take over his father's duties, he didn't bother caring and followed his mother's example.

He extended his stay in the Hangul Kingdom until the end of spring.

With his absence, along with the Baroness', the illegitimate children of the Phelan House were having the time of their lives.

Tybalt secretly delivered a report to Aurelion regarding his father's current state of health the morning after. He sounded way too jubilant in recounting the prospect of his father's ailing heart, but Aurelion wasn't going to judge.

It wouldn't be surprising if he got an invitation to a house party sometime this month.

In the end, the kidnapping became a source of gossip throughout the aristocracy, making its way down to the common people. By evening, everyone knew the second son of the Odum Family got kidnapped by some second-rate kidnappers and fell into the hands of Titus Phelan. As for Nazareth, he was mentioned to be on the scene and that was about it.

Father and Mother rushed home from the palace once they caught word of the incident.

"Aurelion was following us. I saw him get taken."

"Phelan is incompetent. It was easy to escape."

Two versions of the story were told, both poorly recounted between him and his brother, lacking many questionable details.

Nazareth nearly killed someone, and they both got a few people arrested. At least Aurelion got a cool poisoned knife out of it.

Their father made sure to remind them of their next steps.

"Begin investigations, and be careful."

"Don't kill anyone if you don't have to," their mother added as an afterthought.

As was the case when living in the Odum Family, trouble never seemed to run out even during peacetime.

It was quite irritating.