Extra 3: Aurelion's Friends

This chapter is brought to you by Island in the Sun by Weezer. 

Edited by: bafflinghaze

---

"Will Royce be fine for the performance?" Robyne Peregrine was the first to voice his concern after everyone watched the infirmary staff haul Royce onto a stretcher and carry him out.

Tybalt would have taken him more seriously if he wasn't currently sipping the glue like it was a bowl of soup.

Fredrick tilted his head like the fool he was, "Why wouldn't he?"

Everyone in the room shot him a glare.

"Oh..."

"Has anyone seen Odum?" Lady Lettuse appeared out of nowhere suddenly with a clipboard. "He needs to get his measurements taken for the new dress."

No one answered her. They looked around and found that the boy in question had long disappeared.

Peregrine drank another spoonful of glue. "I saw him leaving with Royce."

"..."

Lady Lettuse silently wrote something down and made eye contact with Tybalt.

"Tell him if he doesn't show up for the next fitting, I will put him in the largest hoopskirt the store has to offer."

A chill went down Tybalt's spine and he took a step back with a wary smile, knowing she wasn't someone to be "fucked around with" at the moment, as Finny would say.

"Of course, My Lady."

---

"How is he?" Tybalt entered the infirmary with Finny trailing behind him.

They saw Royce lying on his stomach with his face propped by a pillow. At his bedside, Naza was prodding his back.

"A little sore and some bruising. Some of his skin was stripped, but it will grow back."

Royce groaned, "This is what they call waxing gone wrong."

"Mhm," Naza agreed distractedly, his mind clearly elsewhere as he stared at the injury.

Tybalt took a peek and grimaced.

"I thought Lady Lettuse said the glue would dry in twenty-four hours?" Surely, Tybalt thought, the glue and paint mixture shouldn't have bonded to Royce so quickly.

Royce groaned again, this time with annoyance rather than pain, "It's Fleur De Lis Special Adhesive. Her family made it for setting precious stones into metal. Takes hours to dry on dry surfaces, but the damn thing bonds to anything with water molecules in minutes."

"Super glue."

Naza's statement was of little help. He pressed on an area and Royce yelped.

"I got fucked by superglue!"

Naza stood up immediately. "I'll go make the cream."

"Just use the healing serums in the cabinets," Royce grunted. "The school has a stock of those."

"..."

A heavy silence pervaded the space.

Royce belatedly realized his mistake.

Tybalt stared at a wall across the room and silently counted in his head.

3... 2... 1...

"Do you use those serums often, Roy?"