Chapter 26: Fairy

This chapter is brought to you by 打上花火 (otherwise known as Fireworks) by DAOKO and Kenshi Yonezu. 

Edited by: bafflinghaze

---

"That will be all for today. Review your notes and make sure to read chapter thirteen in the textbook. Do not forget we have rehearsals in two hours. You may all go and take care of your personal business before meeting me at the theatre. Dismissed."

Everyone left the classroom and followed their classmates to the schoolyard.

The upper-year senior students all headed to the gate with a knowing look cast to the Second Year students.

Said students watched on with jealousy.

As much as they appreciated Professor Rickman, no one wanted to be left to the tender mercies of Professor Rickman.

A warm breeze and the smell of summer approached.

The remaining students gathered in groups and brought out cold snacks, a luxury to the common class but a normal commodity of the aristocracy.

They made themselves comfortable around the schoolyard and tried to pass the time by finishing last-minute homework or simply socializing, like normal teenagers... but rich.

All was calm and peaceful with the world—which is rather rare, seeing as no one had been poisoned in the last three months.

"Neo!"

Many heads turned when Royce Benedick called out that particular name.

Their eyes landed on the steps of the school, which tended to get crowded with the number of students exiting the building.

Someone had tripped on their way down... behind Nazareth Odum.

From the color of his uniform, the boy was a student from the Junior Department.

Before anyone could try to prevent a murder, Nazareth had reacted.

They watched the boy gasp, eyes going wide before squeezing them shut as the infamous Scummy Troublemaker instinctively reached out and spun him around like he weighed nothing.

What happened in the next moment wasn't anything particularly heroic like how one would expect in a romance novel.

The weight of the boy still ended with Nazareth and him falling down the remaining steps of the school like idiots.

Odum took the fall.

Literally.

"Naza!"

"Fucking dumbass..."

The boy who had tripped opened his eyes when he realized he was alright.

He felt himself lying on a firm chest while black locks brush against his face.

His head was tucked under someone's chin, and when he raised it, he met cold but misty vermillion eyes framed by smooth raven hair.

The boy had never seen the notorious Nazareth Odum in such close proximity before.

He'd heard plenty of rumors, but the rumors always made him out to be scarier than how he really looked.

Nazareth had a pale face and an elegant nose, with sharp cheekbones and a small mole under his lip that added another layer to his icy complexion. His lips were a soft and petal pink, thin but curved with a cupid's bow, and he smelled like a dandelion field under the sun.