Extra 1: Gentle Evening Star

This Extra is brought to you by Super Star by S.H.E.

Edited by: bafflinghaze

---

All love stories begin somewhere.

It may be under a lampost, the glowing night pearl shining a spotlight in the dark.

Or perhaps a wedding hall, where bride and groom meet for the first time due to circumstances outside their control and thanks to several life and death situations they find themselves in, they ultimately realize that the marriage is good and they're in love.

Sometimes, love stories happen in the Magic Tower–two individuals bumping into each other because they weren't paying attention, too busy thinking up new ways to enhance the mirror messaging system.

Other times, a love story begins with a contract. But again, under mysterious life-and-death circumstances, the lovers are drawn closer to each other with every disaster that strikes.

For the famous Odum couple, it was none of these oddly specific options.

Wartime was no time for romance and passion. Only when the violence and brutality end will two youths come together to form a union.

So their story started here.

In the trenches of No-Mans Land; Lesser Krieg War; Final Year.

"Aghhh!"

"...Ughhhhh..."

"Help...! Help–"

Boom!

Schpk!

Cling!

"Get out of the way! Get out–aghhh!!"

"No! Captain!"

"M-monster–ugh!"

Vespera kicked the body away.

The head fell a few feet away while the body crumpled to the ground.

Her regiment had been stationed at the frontlines for months. The Polska Nation largely focused their invasion of the Empire here. The border was once a forest with flowing rivers and trees, but it was now reduced to ash.

A young sergeant approached her and saluted, "Commander, we secured the area and pushed most of the enemy foot soldiers back into their trenches. What now?"

Vespera flicked the blood off her saber, a ruthless light flashing in her eyes.

"We will water the grounds with their blood," she said, her voice heavy with resentment, "the land must be fed."

The young sergeant swallowed, feeling choked by the merciless words.

The air was heavy with death, but it was nothing compared to his Commander's bloodlust.

He saluted and left to go send words back to their fellow soldiers.

At the forefront of the battle, Vespera cleaned off the remaining stragglers and witnessed the encroaching fleet of floating canons piloted by magicians.

The young woman scoffed. As if sorcery and machinery ever stopped her blade.

Within hours, she'd rendered the canons useless, utilizing her magic pistol and lifeline to shoot them down before slashing their stabilizers and blowing up the mana cores.

For the magicians, she made sure they were torn to pieces by the edge of her saber.

"Commander! We have to fall back! They have bombs!"