Chapter 42: Daughter of Athena

"I should probably go," Annabeth said. "We've got tons of work to do. Keep me updated right?"

"Always," Harry said. 

"Good." With that, Annabeth swiped her hand through the IM, turning around to face the Great Hall packed full of students training.

~~~

Annabeth sighed, running her hands through her hair. Gods she was exhausted. 

Ever since Percy, Hermione, Ron, and Harry left, she's been running around like crazy making sure all of the proper battle plans were going into effect. 

To make things easier, Annabeth made the executive choice to tell Neville, Ginny, Seamus, and Dean about her and Percy being demigods.

~~~

Annabeth walked into the Gryffindor common room, finding Neville, Ginny, Dean, and Seamus sitting on the couches.

"Hey guys, thanks for coming." Annabeth said, wringing her hands.

"Is everything okay?" Ginny asked, noticing Annabeth's anxiousness.

"Yeah, um, I need to tell you guys something."

The three wizards and witch sat in silence waiting for Annabeth to continue. 

"Well what is it?" Seamus asked.

Dean smacked him on the arm, muttering, "Don't be rude."

Annabeth sighed, not believing that she was actually going to tell them.

"Okay, I'm prefacing this with that the only reason Percy and I kept this from you was to keep you safe. There are a lot of- uh, things- out there out to get us. And the reason I'm telling you now is because this information will make planning much easier and less questioned, as well as the fact that I know we can trust you. 

I wouldn't be telling you this if I knew you were going to take it badly. Also, Harry, Ron, and Hermione already know, so if you don't know what to do after I tell you, then just know that they know, and they're okay with it."

"You're not going to tell us you're Death Eaters are you?" Neville cautiously asked.

Annabeth's eyebrows shot up. "Gods no!"

"Didn't think so," Neville said. "In which case, nothing you tell us can really be that bad." Dean, Seamus, and Ginny nodded in agreement.

"Okay then," Annabeth took a deep breath, "Percy and I are demigods. Half greek god, half mortal, or muggle as you guys call them. We also are called half-bloods so there technically was no lying involved, just evasion of the truth," Annabeth rambled. "My mother is Athena, Goddess of battle strategies and wisdom. Percy's father is Poseidon, God of oceans, earthquakes, storms, and horses."

~~~

Needless to say, they were a bit confused at first. Then with ample explanations (and stupid questions from Seamus) they understood and (to Annabeth's slight surprise) were incredibly excited.

Annabeth smiled at her ability to find loopholes. Hecate told Percy not to tell anyone. Hecate didn't tell her any such thing.

Shaking her head, Annabeth walked through the Great Hall up to Neville.

"Hey, how's it going over here?" She asked, looking around at the students working with plants. 

"Good, good."

Annabeth tilted her head. "And uh, remind me again why this is important?"

Neville looked at Annabeth, eyes wide. "Because-"