Chapter 8: Draco Malfoy

Between Hermione's tutor sessions, the Weasley's persistence on getting Percy to join a quidditch team at Hogwarts, and Iris Messaging with Chiron, Percy was exhausted. 

To help with the tutor sessions, Percy used an owed favor from Hecate so he would be caught up to the seventh year of a Hogwarts student. But even with the newfound knowledge, Percy still had to endure Hermione's educational rants about wizard history. 

Percy was also grateful that Hermione found a spell that helped with his dyslexia. It made reading way easier. 

During those two weeks, Harry managed to ignore Percy's existence all together. Percy tried to talk to him, since the quest sort of depended on them getting along. But Harry would only scowl in response.

"Alright, dears! Is everyone all packed? We need to leave in five minutes if we want to make the train!" Mrs. Weasley called.

That morning was extremely hectic. Everyone was last minute packing (except Hermione of course). Hermione also packed Percy's wizard stuff for him, and Percy insisted on bringing his backpack with him 24/7 so he was ready to go.

By the time everyone got to Platform 9 3/4, the train was ready to leave. 

Ron promised Percy that he wouldn't smash his face by running through a brick wall, and to prove it, Fred and George sprinted headfirst into the wall. Ron and Ginny followed, with Harry and Hermione behind them. Percy shook his head. He hadn't even gotten to Hogwarts and he was already fed up with wizardry. 

After tearful goodbyes from Mrs. Weasley, they finally managed to get onto the train. 

Harry refused to sit in the same cabin as Percy, but Hermione refused to let them and Ron sit separately. This led to an extremely awkward train ride. 

~~~

Percy felt a presence. Tensing, he looked around the cabin only to find Harry, Hermione, and Ron playing some sort of wizard game.

"Potter." Percy whipped his head around to find a guy that resembled the pale blond haired man he saw in his dream. The one who talked with Voldemort. 

"What do you want Malfoy?" Harry snapped. 

"Just to see what the buzz was all about with the new student." Malfoy extended his hand out to Percy. "My name's Draco Malfoy, and you are...?"

"Not interested." Ron cut in. 

Percy wasn't stupid. He could tell that they didn't like Draco. But why? Partly to piss off Harry, Percy stood up and shook hands with Draco.

"I'm Percy Jackson." Malfoy smirked at Harry in response. 

"What are you doing hanging around Potter and his friends- the poor weasel and the mudblood?" 

Percy's smile tightened. He didn't know what a mudblood was but from context he guessed it was bad. "They're my friends."

"You're friends?"

"Yes. Now if you'll excuse us, we were just playing a game of..." Percy glanced back at Hermione.

"Of wizard's chess." 

"Yeah. Thanks for stopping by, Draco. Great meeting you." 

"You're making a mistake, Jackson. I'll be waiting for when you decide to hang with a better crowd." With that, Draco Malfoy left.

Percy looked back at the trio and sat down. "Well, he's a load of sunshine."

Ron snorted. "Yeah, if the sunshine was an arrogant arse."

"What does he have against you guys? And what's a mudblood? From the way he said it, it didn't sound good." 

"A mudblood is a terrible insult used to describe wizards or witches born to parents with no magical blood." Hermione answered. 

"Oh, oh my gods, okay. I had no idea. Sorry." Percy rambled so fast he didn't notice the slip up. Harry did.

"It's alright, Percy."

"Why'd you say 'gods'?" Harry questioned.

Percy swore under his breath. "Oh. Uh... it's my um, religion." 

Harry didn't buy it. "You're religion? You believe in more than one- ow!" Hermione put her book down. 

"It's rude to question that, Harry." Hermione chided. 

"You hit me with a book!"

Things went relatively smoothly afterwards. Hermione explained the history between Harry and Draco. Percy found out Malfoy was a Slytherin, and that "all Slytherins were evil and bad" according to Harry and Ron.

Percy didn't like Draco; not because he was a Slytherin, but because he knew he was related to someone close to Voldemort. But then again, Percy wasn't one to judge seeing as that he was directly related to Voldemort. 

But Draco put his senses on edge. He didn't trust him. That said, Percy did sort of owe it to Malfoy, because without him, Harry wouldn't of spoken to Percy during the train ride.

Even if the only reason way Harry talked to Percy was through Ron and Hermione. And he only did it to complain about Draco.

Percy took it as a win.

Percy also got to meet Luna Lovegood, a Ravenclaw, and Neville Longbottom, a Gryffindor. Percy really liked them.

Before he knew it, Hermione was telling Percy to change into his robes (which he hated- how was he supposed to fight monsters?). And soon enough, Hogwarts came into view.