Chapter 7: Diagon Alley

Percy's standards for a "good" night's sleep were very low. Which was good, because that thought alone got him up and out of bed when Hermione nearly rammed down the door. 

"Percy! You slept through breakfast. Why are you-" Hermione paused, looking at a very disgruntled Percy.

"Time zone." Percy mumbled into his pillow. Normally he wouldn't be very happy with some stranger waking him up, but he also wasn't very happy nowadays so... touché. 

"Oh right. You're six hours behind London. Either way, it doesn't matter." Hermione went to leave the room. "We leave for Diagon Alley in half an hour."

"Mhm." 

Hermione smiled and left. 

Percy rolled over in his bed looking at the clock: 9:30 am. Percy groaned. He was starving and tired. Stumbling out of bed, he took a quick cold shower and got dressed with the spare shirt from his bag. Percy had to make sure to remember to use the mist on his SPQR tattoo, cause the last thing he needed was more questions.  

He passed Harry on the way to the kitchen. He was pretty sure Potter mumbled something along the lines of "traitor," "pale," and "not that good looking." Percy said nothing.

"Sorry I missed breakfast Mrs. Weasley." Percy yawned. "It's like 3 am back home."

Molly turned around and smiled at him. "It's no problem dear. But I'm afraid we don't have any pancakes left." 

"That's fine. I'm not too hungry anyways." Percy's stomach grumbled.

"Why don't you have a seat and I'll fix you up something to eat."

"No, really it's okay. I don't want you to go through the trouble. I can make something myself if that's alright."

Molly looked at the demigod. He was so polite and well mannered- especially for a boy dropped in the middle of a war. She could hardly believe he was related to You- Know- Who. 

"Are you sure, dear?"

"Yeah. Uh, do you have milk and cereal?"

~~~

Harry, Ron, and Hermione sat in tense silence. They stared at one another, hoping someone would address the elephant in the room. It took until the twins and Ginny to walk in for someone to finally speak.

"Percy seems nice." 

"Don't let him fool you, Ginny. He's manipulating all of us into thinking he's not a threat so we put our guard down." Harry replied. "Honestly, we're supposed to believe that he's 19 and doesn't have a wand? Never heard of magic?"

"You heard Dumbledore, Harry. He just learned of his heritage."

"Ron?"

"I agree with 'Mione. He seems like a cool bloke." Ron said. 

"Yeah, never woulda've guessed he'd be related to You- Know- Who."

"George just say Voldemort." Hermione looked at the clock. "It's nearly 10. We should be leaving for Diagon Alley. Are you coming?"

Fred shook his head. "George and I are training Ginny on her Quidditch skills. She's already better than you Ron."

"Shut up."

"Right. Come on Harry, Ron, we've got some shopping to do." Hermione stood up and dragged the two boys out of the room with George laughing behind them. 

As they walked out of the room, they ran face first into Percy.

"Oh, hey guys."

"Why do you have your bag?"