Chapter 6: Lord Noseless

With more than half of the order gone, Percy took a seat opposite Harry at the table. Percy didn't realize how small the table was until everyone left, and then questioned how it even fit the wizards in the first place. 

The Weasleys plus Harry and Hermione were all seated at the table, staring at Percy. Percy was busy swirling around the tea in his cup.

Noticing the eyes up on him, Percy looked up and remembered that they were supposed to have a conversation. He also realized that he was getting comfortable and that was not okay. Percy settled into his distant, interrogation voice.

"So, what's there to discuss?" It was at that point Harry's mouth parted a bit, but Percy cut him off. "Like," Percy continued, "Dumbledore gave me a mediocre run down of what's happening and stuff. I go to a wizard school, learn spells or whatever, defeat the bad guy, then go home. Is that all, or did Mr. Headmaster forget something?" 

If Harry's eyes could go any wider they'd fall out of his head. His face then formed a scowl and Harry coldly responded, "His name is Albus Dumbledore and he is the bravest man I know." 

Percy looked back at Harry, disbelief evident in his face. Percy waved his hand, disregarding Harry's statement. "Yeah sure whatever." Harry scowled more. "Point is, is there anything I should be prepared for? I'm not a fan of surprises." 

Thankfully, before Harry could interrupt again, Hermione responded. "Well, yes. There is the issue that you know nothing about the history of Hogwarts and wizardry; and not to mention, you don't have any school supplies- not even a wand! You'll also need to know the spells and potions- education basically- of a seventh year (students in their seventh year at Hogwarts) and you're older than seventeen...?" Percy nodded. "Good. Well that settles it."

"Um, 'Mione, what exactly's been settled?" Ron asked. Percy hummed in agreement. 

"You, me, and Harry are going to take Percy to Diagon Alley to get his supplies for Hogwarts."

"No. There is no way that I'm going anywhere with him."

"Come on, Harry, don't be so dense. At the very least he needs a wand." Hermione said. 

"What's Diagon Alley?" Percy questioned.

"See! He knows nothing! Don't worry, Percy. You'll be caught up on everything before school starts. I'll tutor you so you have the proper knowledge of a seventh year."

Ron looked towards Percy. "'Mione is the smartest witch in school, probably the whole world."

Percy smiled. "Okay, thanks. Sounds like a plan."

"Great, then it's settled. Tomorrow we'll go to Diagon Alley."

Before Hermione could say more, Mrs. Weasley asked Harry and Ron to show Percy where he was supposed to be sleeping for the next week or so until they went to Hogwarts. This request received lots of protests from Harry. Molly looked pointedly at Ron until he told Percy to follow him. 

"Hermione, dear, why don't you follow to make sure things go alright." Hermione nodded and went to follow them through the halls and up the stairs. 

"...where you'll be staying." Hermione heard Ron say, as she passed Harry sulking in the doorway to the spare room.

"Cool. Thanks, Ron." Said Percy. 

"No problem mate."

"He's not our mate, Ron." Ron looked between Harry and Percy deciding the best way to reply. 

Ron didn't think Percy was that bad of a guy. Sure, he's only known him for an hour or so, but they've got to give him the benefit of the doubt, right?