Chapter 14: The Hog's Head

"And Harry?"

"What?"

"Don't ask Percy about that Anna girl." Hermione said.

"Why?" Ron asked.

"I think we should just keep that information to ourselves for now." Harry began to smile a bit. "Just," Hermione took a breath. "Just, until we know for certain we can all trust him."

Harry nodded. He would get his proof, he just had to wait it out. 

~~~

Hogwarts' students filed into the Hog's Head. Harry, Ron, and Hermione stood up at the front with a table; while everyone sat down or stood, waiting for them to start. 

Percy sat off to the side of Hermione. He knew the trio was distancing from him, (probably because of his slip ups earlier in the week) but if they knew he knew what they were doing, they didn't let on. 

Percy lightly sighed. He had to be more careful. Between Snape and that pink toad of a professor his exchange student cover was going to get blown real quick. Percy just wasn't sure which heritage his professors would find out first, and if the trio would discover he was a demigod before them. 

Surveying the room, Percy noticed most of the people there were Gryffindors. He recognized a few Hufflepuffs from classes, and he saw Luna and a few other Ravenclaws he didn't know the names of. He knew Slytherins didn't like Harry or Gryffindor for that matter, but he was shocked to see that not one of them showed up to the information meeting.

"Hi, if we can just get everyone's attention..." Hermione spoke. The chatter in the room was so loud, only a few heads turned at her voice. "Everyone, if I could-"

Ron whistled loudly. Everyone in the room quieted down. 

"Thank you, Ron." Hermione said. "We are here because we need proper training in defense against the arts, and we aren't getting that from Professor Umbridge." Pausing, Hermione continued, "Harry would be the teacher."

At that, the students began to talk again. A boy, Percy didn't know who, yelled, "What makes him qualified?"

Students murmured in agreement. Others, argued in defense of Harry.

Harry spoke up. "Well, you see..." Harry couldn't finish his sentence without getting bombarded by accusations and questions. Eventually, with the help of the Weasley twins, Hermione, and Ron, they were able to get the room quiet again.

Percy thought it was best for him to not participate, what with the suspicions and all.

"Is it true you can produce a full patronus charm?" Luna quietly asked.

"Yeah."

"And he fought off like a hundred dementors." Ron added.

"But I wasn't alone," Harry said. Glancing around the room, "I had help from my friends."

Hermione scoffed. "Oh Harry," Looking out to the crowd she said, "He's just being modest."

After the trio got the students to quiet down they started asking for signatures. One by one, their friends slowly stood up to go sign their names on the parchment. Hermione beamed wider with each signature. 

After everyone left, Hermione was rapidly talking about the logistics of where the meetings would be held, and how they would all get past Umbridge and her "No gatherings, unless given permission" rule.  

Percy grimaced, remembering what happened two days ago. 

He was chilling in the common room practicing a spell that would make his pockets endless so he could carry his ambrosia and backup weapons without being suspicious. That was when Harry, Ron, and Hermione walked in sulking. Harry was ranting about something that had to do with Dumbledore, when they all realized Percy was there. 

At that point, Percy was certain they were distancing from him, so acting like he didn't hear anything, he asked them if everything was all right.

Harry was about to mutter a "fine" but Hermione said that the Ministry was firing Dumbledore (or something like that) and that Umbridge was to become acting headmistress in his absence.

Percy was already worried about Umbridge seeing that (although Harry had no idea he knew) she used illegal magic or whatever on Harry during his detention. On top of that, he had to try even harder to not draw attention to himself. The last thing Percy needed, especially now that Dumbledore wasn't there, was for her to find out he was a demigod. 

"Hermione, I'm sure you'll think of something." Percy reassured.

"Thanks, Percy."

"Yeah, thanks Percy." Percy tried to ignore the sarcasm in Harry's voice and gave a nod in acknowledgment. 

They four of them walked in silence for a bit on their way back to Hogwarts.

Percy noticed Ron and Hermione sharing a look with Harry (one he wasn't quite sure the meaning of) and thought nothing of it until Ron spoke.

"Mate, we'll see you back at dinner. We're gonna go talk to Hagrid." Ron said.

"Uh, okay. Mind if I come?" Percy asked. He knew they would say no, but it was worth a shot.

"Sorry. Hagrid only invited us." Harry responded.

Percy nodded. "Oh, okay. Well then, I guess I'll see you guys at dinner. Have fun." Percy walked away, waving at them as they they went opposite directions. 

Percy looked at his watch. He had hours to kill until dinner, and he had no desire to go back to Hogwarts just yet. 

Looking behind him and seeing only rocks, he vapor travelled to the lake to go talk to the Giant Squid- and Chiron, since he'd be alone anyways. 

~~~

"I thought he didn't know what apparating was?" Ron questioned. Him, Hermione, and Harry got up from behind a rock.

"That was months ago, Ron. I just didn't know he knew how to do it." Hermione said. 

"I thought you couldn't apparate on Hogwarts grounds?"

Hermione glanced at Harry. "Yeah... I thought so too."

"Well what do we do now? We don't know where he went." Ron said.

"I didn't think he'd apparate away. I thought he'd just walk back to Hogwarts." Harry defended.

"So we could follow him." Ron stated.

"Yeah, so we could follow him."

Hermione looked over to where Percy used to be. "Maybe, he knew we were following him. He's got good senses. He probably suspected we weren't actually going to Hagrid's."

"He could be telling Umbridge of our plan." Ron guessed.

"Or," Harry countered, "He's probably talking to Voldemort as we speak."