Chapter 56: Therapy Session

Professors and students alike watched as a massive army of Death Eaters and monsters crowded on top of a hill.

Within seconds, Hogwarts' shield fell and Voldemort's Army attacked. 

~~~

Percy sprinted towards Hogwarts.

He guessed he was about a mile or two away when he saw smoke through the trees and heard the explosions.

"Schist!" He yelled, pushing himself to run faster.

~~~

Annabeth slashed through countless hordes of monsters. Blood and grime covered her face, mixed with what appeared to be tears. 

After killing a cyclops (with a little help from Thalia's 'sparkles') she noticed a figure standing next to the entrance of the Forbidden Forest. 

"Percy!" She screamed, her throat rippled with anguish. 

A hellhound went to attack her, but she was quicker. Without even looking, Annabeth stabbed her dagger into its throat. The hellhound exploded into gold dust.

Looking around, she noticed she was surrounded by a group of death eaters. Annabeth knew her celestial bronze dagger wouldn't work, but thanks to Hecate, she knew a variety of spells.

Without thinking, she casted the death curse to all who came near her. 

She needed to get to Percy. 

All of a sudden, the monsters and death eaters disappeared, along with her fiancé.

~~~

Percy's head smacked the ground. Groaning, he went to sit up only to come face to face with Bellatrix. 

"Half-blood," She sneered.

Percy cursed under his breath. "Long time, no see, huh?"

The witch glared at him before screaming crucio, causing Percy's body to spasm uncontrollably. 

Percy breathed heavily. Gritting his teeth, he attempted to stand up, only to be forced back down again. 

"That is enough."

Percy glared at Bellatrix before turning his head towards the owner of the voice.

The voice he knew all to well.

"Perseus," Voldemort breathed. "I am glad to finally meet you."

This time Percy stood up successfully and glared daggers at Voldemort, his hand gripping his wand.

"Yeah, well. I can't say the feeling is mutual."

~~~

Annabeth sprinted towards where she saw Percy, collapsing when she got there.

Thalia, Nico, and Will watched as Annabeth kneeled on the ground.

~~~

Voldemort walked- or strode- (Percy had no clue) towards him. Before he even got the chance, his evil grandpa flicked his wand. 

Simultaneously two things happened: 1) Percy's wand flew from his hand and landed on the other side of the clearing, and 2) Percy got incredibly pissed off. 

"Poetic, isn't it?" Voldemort taunted. "The strongest and most powerful demigod to ever live, defenseless."

Percy seethed.

"Join me, Perseus, and together-"

Percy held a hand. "I'm gonna stop you there. You think you're the first to say that to me? Seriously? Join me Perseus," He mocked, "That's not even original! My other grandfather- the Titan Lord of Time said the same damn thing to me. And you wanna guess what happened to him? He died. My girlfriend scared him so much so that he came back from the dark side and sacrificed himself."

He took a deep breath and continued. "So I guess what I'm saying, is, well: I'd rather die than join you, and if I die, my fiancé will be incredibly pissed off and kill you herself. But unfortunately she somewhat listens to prophecies, so in this case- Harry will kill you and then once he does, she'll kill you again."

Percy then continued talking some more. "Actually now that I think about it," He began walking around the clearing, "My cousin can literally raise the dead. So what would most likely happen in the scenario in which I die, is that Harry would kill you, my cousin would literally summon you back from the dead, and then my fiancé will kill you again."

He then went into great detail about the different ways that Annabeth would kill Voldemort, all the while slowly walking towards his wand. When he was about a foot away from his magical wooden stick, Percy paused, and looked Voldemort dead in the eye. 

"Man, I am really sorry for unloading on you like that. We don't exactly have a therapist at camp, so I'm really glad I got to have this little therapeutic session with you before you died."

Before Voldemort had the chance to respond, Percy dove for his wand and began killing as many Death Eaters as he could. 

~~~

Annabeth's head snapped up when she thought she heard Percy's voice. 

"You hear that?"

Nico stared at her like she lost her mind.

Without another word, she sprinted into the woods towards Percy's voice. 

~~~

Percy continued dueling with the slew of death spells that came his way. 

~~~

Annabeth ran into the clearing with Nico, Thalia, and Will, hot on her heels.

She saw Percy fighting the Death Eaters.

Before she could even comprehend what was happening, her nightmare came true.

~~~

Percy wondered if the Curse of Achilles could protect him from a magical death spell.

~~~

"Avada Kedavra!" A shot of bright green light hit Percy's chest, sending him flying backwards into the wooded clearing.

"No!" Annabeth screamed, running towards Percy. 

Voldemort turned around to see the daughter of Athena sprinting towards the body on the ground. 

Seconds later, the only ones that remained in the woods were Annabeth, Nico, Will, Thalia, and Annabeth's dead fiancé.