Chapter 58: Power

Percy's watch showed that they got exactly four minutes and 13 seconds of joy.

Because on that fourteenth second, Harry collapsed.

And the world went to chaos.

~~~ 

Students were running in thousands of directions to try and get the better of Voldemort's army. Almost as if the world knew Percy was alive, dozens upon dozens of monsters descended on Hogwarts.

The demigods sprang into action, subsequently ignoring the passed out Harry on the ground. They figured Ron and Hermione could handle it. 

Percy grabbed Annabeth's wrist before she could run off. "Do you... do you think me dying reset everything?"

"What?"

"I'm dry."

Annabeth's eyes flitted across Percy to find that he was in fact, not dripping water. Rolling her eyes, she smacked Percy on the back of his head. 

"You air dried stupid."

"At night?" 

"Well... yeah." Annabeth shook her head. "Look, Perce, as much as I want you to have your powers back, maybe now isn't the best time?"

"We're in the middle of a war! It's the perfect time!" Percy retorted.

"The last thing you need is more monsters breathing down your back. Help Harry get Voldemort. I love you Seaweed Brain."

Before he got the chance to respond, Annabeth pecked his cheek and ran off with Nico, Thalia, and Will. 

Percy checked his pocket finding that his wand wasn't there. It must've still been in the clearing

He realized that he would be of no help to Harry seeing that he can't exactly slice Voldemort in half with his sword. But he could still kill monsters... and Gods, was he good at doing that. 

At some point (Percy had no idea when) he noticed that Voldemort wasn't even fighting.

In fact, he wasn't even there.

Him and Bellatrix were gone. Harry, Ron, and Hermione were gone too. 

Percy looked out across the battlefield to see Thalia vaporizing monsters and death eaters left and right. To her left, he saw Nico's skeletons smashing anything or anyone that came near him and Will.

He looked around the field for Annabeth.

It wasn't hard to find her. He watched as her blonde hair swing every time she stabbed a monster; her eyes steeled in front of her; her face full of determination.

That was his Wise Girl. 

Almost as if Annabeth heard him, she looked over and they locked eyes.

With a quick nod, she went back to fighting. 

~~~

Ron and Hermione sprinted down the staircase away from Voldemort's demon pet snake. 

"We have to kill it!" Ron screamed.

"What do you think I'm trying to do!" Hermione yelled back, firing yet another curse at the snake. 

~~~

Harry tackled Voldemort, fighting for control as they hurtled towards the ground. 

He wasn't sure when they hit the ground, he just found himself yards away from Voldemort, and inches away from his wand.