Chapter 1: Like, Hades

After the Giant War

Percy marched out of the Big House with Chiron on his heels.

"Percy! Percy you need to calm down!"

"Calm down!? You want me to calm, down?! How could I? How could I when you just sprouted the Next, oh, Great Prophecy?" Percy retorted. "And what? Like 10 minutes after we ended a war?!"

Chiron trotted slowly over to Percy, wary of the power emanating off of him. "I know this is a shock-"

"Yeah! Just a little." Sarcasm dripped from his sentence. Percy glared with the strength to kill monsters. Chiron backed up a little.

Chiron's voice became calmer. "They just want to talk, my boy."

"Like Hades, I'm getting involved in another war. You know where the other ones left me? They left me alive Chiron" Percy's eyes hardened, then he quietly added, "And with everyone else dead."

"We don't know for sure she's..." Chiron attempted, but then stopped. Percy didn't comment.

Neither of them have seen Annabeth after the battle with Gaea, which has left them, and what was left of the camps to presume her dead.

"Chiron. I can't handle another loss. And with my mom and Paul...I- I just can't get involved with anything that could hurt them." Percy looked up to meet his eyes. "I'm sorry."

Chiron nodded, acknowledging the exceptionally powerful demigod and went to trot away. When he was a few steps from the Big House he turned and called, "Percy, you can't run from a prophecy."

Percy smirked, a bit of his old self showing. "I'm not running, I'm strategically stepping around."

2 years later

Percy fiercely battled the Minotaur for what he hoped would have been the last time.

"You know, I'm getting real sick of us always fighting. So what do you say? We chill out, grab a quick bite of ambrosia, then be on our merry way?" Percy dodges yet another blow. "Fine then. Be that way." Within seconds, the Minotaur was at Percy Jackson's mercy.

"Hey quick question- You wouldn't happen to know the whereabouts of a certain Annabeth Chase now would you?"

The Minotaur grunted.

"Fine." Gold dust showered onto Percy.

If Chiron found out Percy was purposely seeking out monsters he would throw a fit. Percy deemed it smart to not mention it and keep this as his sort of, side quest.

But seeing as his quest was starting to venture into the 'no go zone' Percy decided to head back to camp, if nothing to at least be able to say, hey, its been a while, I'm not dead thought you'd like to know.

And this had nothing to do with the prophecy that Percy wanted nothing to do with.

But as always, the Fates have never been on his side, so when he got to camp, Percy was greeted with Chiron, and an old guy dressed in fabulously bright robes.

"Percy, I was just showing an old friend of mine around camp. Care to join?" Chiron asked.

Since the Giant War, Percy's been on high alert around magical beings. And he's gotten pretty good at rooting them out. So with his hand in his pocket, gripping Riptide, he gave a sharp nod gesturing to Chiron he'd follow and observe.

"Percy, this is Dumbledore...Dumbledore this is Percy Jackson."

Dumbledore looked up at him, his calculating eyes giving off no hint of warmth, yet his tone spoke otherwise. "Ah yes, Perseus Jackson, son of Poseidon. Quite a legend I hear."