Chapter 17: The Room of Requirement

Percy wasn't sure if he was too distracted to notice, or if it just appeared there, but in a long empty corridor, right in front of him, there was a door.

Looking around, and seeing no one around him, Percy opened the door. 

~~~

As quickly and quietly as they could, Harry, Ron, and Hermione slipped in through the door behind Percy. The second they did, the door closed behind them. 

Percy walked around the room. It was perfect. There were training dummies lined up across the room. Along the walls were different types of weapons he could use to train, and in the corner, there was a large fountain. Just like the one he had back at camp in his cabin. There was a small arena in the middle of the room for sparring and a table next to it stacked with ambrosia and nectar. 

After the prophecy in Divination class, Percy was being hyper vigilant. Percy scanned the area for anyone, and upon seeing no one, he took off his robe and uncapped Riptide.

The trio fought a gasp, when they saw Percy's pen turn into a sword. They slowly inched into a corner, careful not to make any noise or disrupt anything in the room. 

Percy swung Riptide around a few times, warming up his wrist and remembering how good it felt to hold Riptide as a sword. Looking at one of the dummies, he immediately started striking it as if it could fight back.

The second Percy thought that, the dummy came alive and started to fight him back. Percy smiled. Magic wasn't all that bad. 

As Percy's strikes became harder, the rubber dummy matched his skill. Soon, Percy was fighting against four magical sword wielding dummies. 

Percy let his battle reflexes kick in. He didn't think, he just went with his instincts. This allowed Percy to clear his head and only focus on his sword-fight. Something he desperately needed. 

After about a half hour, Percy ended the fight by decapitating the dummies. 

Percy felt energized as he stood there slightly short of breath. He barely broke a sweat and all around his feet were decapitated rubber dummies. 

Percy plopped down on the floor, completely ignoring the chair right next to him and the couch a few feet away. He leaned back against the side of the chair and took a few deep breaths, calming down his heart rate.

Percy smiled to himself at the thought that he was getting "out of shape". He needed to train more often. 

Reaching into his pocket he pulled out a piece of paper. He touched the pen cap to the end of the pen watching as it turned into a fully functional writing pen. He grimaced remembering when Annabeth figured it out for them after years of not having a pen to write with.

Percy began to write down the prophecy in ancient greek. He's already memorized it by now, but Percy hoped seeing it written down would make the prophecy make more sense. 

Percy stared at the piece of paper, growing frustrated and turning over every possible meaning of that stupid prophecy. 

Two half- bloods shall reunite them all. That could be him and Harry right? Harry is a half-blood (like the wizard kind) and Percy is a half- blood (the demigod kind). That makes sense. Only problem is, is that requires Harry and Percy to get along, and last Percy checked, Harry hated him. 

Okay. Next line. Into realm of darkness one will fall. Like, a person falling into the dark literally, or like darkness as in bad? Percy had no clue.

To bring back from the myth and pain. Percy hoped to the gods that didn't refer to like a greek monster type of thing. He really couldn't deal with another Kronos or Gaea. Voldemort was bad enough. 

One will lose what the other will gain. Percy had no idea in Hades on what that meant. It was ominous and he didn't like it. Lose what? Gain what? Power? Life? Percy racked his brain. Prophecies were never straight forward, he knew that. He couldn't look at it literally. 

Percy leaned his head back against the chair, sighing. Annabeth was always really good at figuring out the double meanings of prophecies. He closed his eyes.

Thump. Percy jerked awake, scanning the room for the source of the sound. In the far corner of the room, a wooden sword laid on the ground. Percy scanned the room again for anything that would've caused it to fall off the wall but he couldn't see anything. Percy pulled out Riptide and walked over to the fallen sword.

Picking it up, Percy hung the sword back onto the wall. 

Percy couldn't tell if it was his mind making things up, or if he actually heard breathing near the sword. Percy stared at the area surrounding the sword and willed the mist to show him if there was anything.

Percy normally didn't startle easily; but seeing Harry, Ron, and Hermione, huddled under a cloak in the corner definitely caused him to jump. 

"What the Hades!" Percy yelled. He put Riptide back into his pocket. 

The trio jumped at Percy's outburst. Harry slowly pulled the cloak off of them.

"How could you see us under Harry's invisibility cloak?" Hermione said.

"Why were you spying on me?" Percy countered. "How long have you been there?"

"How did you see us?" 

Percy fumed at Harry's question, and the fact that they didn't answer his. "Magic."

Percy glared at the trio, and out of the corner of his eye, he could see Ron shrink back a bit. Percy forgot how intimidating his glares were.

"Why. Were. You. Spying. On. Me?" Percy questioned again.

"How did you know how to sword- fight? Since when was your pen a sword? Was it always-"

Percy cut Hermione off. "I don't know if this is a typical thing for you guys, but spying on people isn't cool. It's a violation of privacy and trust." Percy turned to Harry. "I know you don't like me or trust me, and I get that. But spying? Really, Harry? That's not cool and you know it." Percy turned towards Hermione and Ron. "And you two? I thought we were actually becoming friends. I trusted you guys. I haven't trusted people in a long time, but I... you know what? Doesn't matter."

Percy turned away and strode towards his uniform robe on the floor. He picked it up and walked towards the door ignoring the calls of Hermione behind him. 

Before Percy left the room, he called behind him. "And guys? This room would work great for your defense club."

With that, Percy left the room, leaving Harry, Ron, and Hermione, confused and alone.