Chapter 30: Prophecy Discussion in Session

Thank y'all so much for 1K votes! Love you guys <3

Here's a fun one. Enjoy!

~~~

With a start, Percy opened his eyes to see concerned faces staring at him. "The um," Percy cleared his throat, "the last surprise I got, killed three of my friends."

The trio stared at Percy in response. Not giving them time to piggyback off of that question Percy said, "Any more questions?"

"So many." Was their response.

~~~

Harry, Ron, and Hermione began to talk all at once. It made Percy's head spin.

"Hey, hey, hey! One at a time. Please." Percy rubbed his face. He was tired. And not in the mood to deal with this. The trio quieted down. Percy pointed at Hermione. "Okay. You can go first. We'll go in a circle."

Hermione sat for a second, thinking of the right question that she wanted to ask. "Why did you come?"

Percy raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"To Hogwarts. Why did you let Dumbledore bring you here, when it would've been easier to stay home?"

Percy chuckled quietly at the word 'easier'. He sat thinking about her question. Percy had two reasons: the reason he told Dumbledore, and the reason he told himself.

"To be honest, I wanted to ignore it. The last thing I wanted to do, the last thing I want to do is get mixed up in another war because of another  evil grandpa."

"Another?" Ron asked.

"Yeah. Voldemort on my mom's side, Kronos on my dad's." Upon seeing their confused looks, Percy clarified. "He's the Titan Lord of Time. Or was, I guess. He's dead. Sort of. It's actually kind of complicated, but it's not something I have to worry about anymore." 

Hermione shook her head trying to understand. "Anymore?"

Percy nodded. "My girlfriend," Percy's voice caught. He coughed. "She killed him. In our first war. The Battle of Manhattan." Percy chuckled lightly. Believe it or not, that was a simpler time. 

"What was your second war?" Ron questioned. 

"Hold on- Percy you didn't finish my question." Hermione cut in.

"Uh, yeah I did."

"No." Harry said. "That's not the reason you came. You could've ignored us. Why didn't you?" 

Percy sighed. "After the Giant War (the second war I fought in) my girlfriend Annabeth went missing." Percy didn't notice, but Harry, Ron, and Hermione tensed up. Mcgonagall did notice this. "I spent the past two years searching for her, and when Dumbledore came along, I figured that he needed something from me, and I could get something from him. After the war, he would owe me, and I would've used it to find Annabeth." Percy exhaled and ran his hand through his hair. "Doesn't really matter now, she's dead." He said dejectedly. 

"Annabeth's not dead!" Ron blurted.

Percy's head snapped up. In a dangerously low voice he said, "What?"

This caused Ron to shrink back a little. Hermione took over.

"Annabeth, she- she isn't dead."

Percy tensed. He became a statue; frozen with the idea that Annabeth could be alive, torn with the fact that he knew there was no way she could be, confused with the fact that somehow Harry, Ron, and Hermione knew this and he didn't.