Bonus: Halloween

Happy Halloween fellow demigods and wizards!

To everyone who celebrates it, please be safe this year with COVID. Wear masks and try to social distance. If you go trick or treating, I know that's going to be a bit weird. This whole year has been weird, so please try to be as safe as you can. 

For those of you ready for the spookiness tonight, what are you dressing up as? 

~~~

Percy hated Halloween.

He used to love it.

Now he just hated it.

Everyone dressed up as monsters. He fought monsters, on like, a daily basis.

Granted, the monsters these kids were dressing up as didn't exist. Mummies, zombies, vampires...

Percy took it back. Those monsters did exist and they're a lot less cute and friendly in person.

He groaned getting out of bed. 

Knock, knock, knock. Percy rubbed his face, trying to wake up. Knock, knock, knock

"Coming, I'm coming, just hold on a second." Percy said as he stumbled out of bed. He walked across his cabin towards the door.

Knock, knock- Percy opened the door to see a group of young demigods standing in poorly assembled armor holding out pillowcases.

"Trick or treat!" They chorused. 

Percy smiled. One of the kid's helmets slid down their face. The kid pushed it back up. 

"I, uh, love the costumes." Percy looked at the huge armor and swords on the demigods. "What, uh, what are you guys for Halloween?" 

A young, blonde girl stepped forward, dragging a little boy with her. "I'm Annabeth Chase, and this is my boyfriend, Percy Jackson." The boy scrunched his face in disgust at the mention of boyfriend.

Percy froze. They- the kids, for Halloween, they were him. And Annabeth. He stared at the kids trying to form a response when a boy wearing a Nike purple shirt spoke.

"And I'm Jason Grace! Leader of the Romans!" The boy thrust his wooden sword in the air.

"No stupid," Another girl elbowed him. "Jason was Praetor of Camp Jupiter. A camp for Roman demigods." 

"I'm dressed as Piper McLean." The girl told Percy. "See? I have my gold dagger." She gestured to the poorly painted plastic dagger. 

Percy nodded, unable to form words. These kids were dressed as him and his friends. They thought they were heroes. 

"I'm dressed at Frank, and she's going as Hazel." Another boy said pointing to himself and a girl next to him. Percy almost cried. He looked just like Frank.

"And I'm the Bad Boy Supreme, Hottest Demigod around, Leo McShizzle Valdez!" The last kid yelled. He wore a toolbelt that scarily resembled Leo's actual one.

"I uh, wow. Those are... great costumes." Percy choked out. Gods he missed his friends. 

"Really, you like them?" The demigod dressed as Annabeth said.

"Yeah, yeah I really do. They're great." 

"Trick or treat." 'Jason' said. He held out his pillowcase. The other kids followed suit.

Percy sighed, and rubbed the back of his neck. "Sorry, guys. I don't have any candy." 

"Trick it is!" The demigods cackled, running away from Cabin 3 and out of view. Percy closed the door, regretting not having candy.

The last thing he needed was to be pranked by a bunch of kids. 

Knock, knock, knock. Percy groaned. He opened the door to see Leo grinning like a maniac. "What, Leo?"

"Did you see them?"

"Who? Oh, the kids? Yeah they just stopped by."

Leo grinned waiting for Percy to continue. 

"Uh, and that's about it." Leo continued to grin at Percy. "Dude, you're freaking me out. What is it?"

"Charlie. He went as me for Halloween. I gave him my toolbelt to complete the look."

Percy smiled. "Well now it makes sense. He introduced himself as Bad Boy Supreme, Hottest Demigod around, Leo McShizzle Valdez- now I know where he learned that from."

"I know! Isn't is great?"

Percy's smile dropped a little. "Yeah, Leo, it's pretty great."

"D'you see Peter?" Percy stared at Leo, not knowing who the kid was. "He went as you." Leo continued.

"Oh, yeah." Percy chuckled. "I don't know why'd he want to go as me though."

Leo gaped at Percy. "You're joking."

"I'm... not?"

"Dude, seriously. You're like the most famous demigod at camp. Everyone here either is in love with you, or wants to be you."

Percy was silent for a few seconds. "Then I guess it's a good thing we have a day for just that."

Leo smiled, grabbing Percy's arm. "C'mon, those kids are gonna prank you so hard for not having candy."

"Maybe not. They were probably just kidding."

Leo glanced sideways at Percy as he pulled him towards the Hephaestus cabin. "The kid who was dressed as-" Leo cleared his throat, "Jason, um, he's a son of Hermes, so..."

"So... I'm going to get pranked pretty hard, huh?"

Leo nodded, laughing.

"Guess we'll just have to prank them back." Percy said.

"Operation: Halloween is a go."

~~~

Later that night, all of the demigods were telling stories by the campfire. The seven demigods sat in the front. 

Suddenly, little drops of water started falling onto the kids' heads. The second they looked, candy started falling on them inside of the water drops. 

"Trick or treat!" Percy and Leo yelled at them.

The demigods screamed and threw pieces of candy at them. Percy and Leo laughed until the kids calmed down enough to realize all of the candy that they now had.

Chiron smiled off in the distance, happy to see Percy and Leo being their old selves, even for just a short time.