Chapter 32: Percy Accidentally Becomes a Spy

"...I- I think that I'm supposed to save Annabeth, while you guys defeat Voldemort. Somehow they're connected, I'm not entirely sure how, but- but this is the best thing we've got."

"So, we need two plans then?" Ron clarified.

Percy nodded. "Yeah. Two plans. We've got our work cut out for us." 

~~~

"Well?" Harry asked. Him, Ron, Hermione, and Percy had sat in the Room of Requirement for nearly the entire day, affectively skipping all their classes. 

"Well what?" Percy replied exasperatedly. He was so tired. 

"The plan- plans. Do you have them? We've been here all day." Harry paused, "All month."

"Thanks." Percy replied dryly. "I hadn't noticed." Percy was incredibly frustrated. It was late November, and he had never spent so long trying to plan, well, a plan. Percy wanted to blame Harry's consistent complaining. 

Harry groaned. Ron's stomach grumbled. 

"You know Harry- you can just as easily come up with a plan." Percy pointed out. "You should try using your head sometime, could help." 

Harry glared in response. 

"Well it's nearly lunch," Hermione rushed. "Why don't we get some food? We'll think better after."

Percy glared back at Harry. "Fine."

The four of them got up and walked out of the Room of Requirement. The second they opened the door, they came face to face with a pink toad, and a certain bleached blond haired Slytherin. 

"See Professor? I told you! They're conspiring against the Ministry." Draco accused. 

"Ahem. My office. Now!" Umbridge shrieked. 

"Malfoy." Harry growled.

"Potter." Malfoy smirked. 

Percy cursed under his breath. 

"What was that Mr. Jackson?" 

"Uh-"

"Professor," Malfoy cut in, "Percy has nothing to do with this nonsense. He just chose to hang out with the wrong crowd." Draco winked at Percy.

Umbridge glanced between Draco and Percy, deciding whether to trust her favorite student, or her suspicions. "Very well then." Umbridge arched her back. "Mr. Jackson, you may go. As for you three- you are in a whole lot of trouble. Follow me." Umbridge walked away as Harry, Ron, and Hermione sullenly followed.

Hermione glanced back at Percy, with a reassuring smile. Percy inwardly gave a sigh of relief.

Percy turned towards Draco who was staring expectantly. "Uh, thanks." 

"No problem. People like us ought to stick together."

Percy awkwardly laughed and agreed. Draco thought he was a fellow death eater, and Percy couldn't let Draco know the truth. "So, uhm, what now?"

Draco gave a wry smile. "Now, you are an honorary Slytherin, my friend. Headmaster Umbridge wouldn't mind if you switched houses. We'll say the Sorting Hat made a mistake, and that you're much more fitted for Slytherin. Besides," Draco pulled out a silver and green tie from behind his robe, and held it up next to Percy's face, "Green suits you." 

Percy began to panic. Things just went from annoying to terrible. "Don't we uh, don't we need to uh... check with Sn- Professor Snape?" 

Draco grinned, hardly noticing Percy's reaction. "Already did. He says he'd be glad to have 'a powerful wizard, such as yourself,'" Draco quoted, "to be a part of our house."