Underneath Her Flaws

Anastasia:

I had just stepped foot into a room filled with rich, stuck up, bougie white people that didn't give a damn about anyone but themselves. But so called throw these balls for charity... bullshit

"Marcelo!" Mr. Glad called out

He was a middle age, rich white man that owned an oil company. Every day us humans bring him money. Whether you're just charging your phone, flipping on the lights or even turning on your car. You just gave Lucas Glad a whole lot of bread.

"Lucas, it's nice to see you again my friend."

Marcelo Miller, head of the Mexican mafia. Well technically the actual owners of the mafia is August Alsina and Lira Galore of course everyone knows that. Marcelo just takes care of business in Mexico for them. They take 2% of what he makes. Which is a lot even though it doesn't sound like it.

I know what you're thinking. What you know bout the mafia bitch ain't you just an escort? Well if you'd just be patient I'll explain it to you. The reason why I for one don't want shit to do with the mafia. Been there done that and never again...

"Same to you, I'd like you to meet my-"

"His friend, Mia... Mia Rosay." I shook his hand and smiled

"When were you going to tell me about this goddess Lucas?" He placed my hand up to his lips and kissed it

Staring into my soul with that cocky stare...

"Well Marcelo when you have a beauty like this, it's only right you hide her from other lustful eyes."

He put his hand on my waist and pulled me close. I smiled and whispered into his ear.

"It cost extra to touch sweetie."

I removed his hand from my waist. Now leaning against his shoulder. He cleared his throat before angling his head to whisper back into mine.

"For as much as I paid, I practically own you so shut up and do what I paid you to do, sweetie."

I played along and laughed, kissing his cheek. Knowing he'd be dead by tonight saved me the pitty. A few moments had passed and throughout the night he would touch me in places I didn't want to be touched. From him introducing me to new people as if I was really his pissed me the hell off. I know this is what I'm supposed to do but I can't stand this. This is not what I'm supposed to be doing, this isn't me.

I'm an assassin, I shouldn't be here I should be murdering someone right now. It's been too long I'm craving a scream.

Wait what am I saying? I can't go back to that lifestyle not after what I did...

"Honey, are you alright?" Lucas asked me

"Yea, I'm fine just a little tired are you ready to go?"

"Sweetheart, we have to stay till the party is over and that's not until another two hours. Remember what I told you Mia."

We stared into each other's eyes. Giving each other both deadly looks, until I let him win and just smiled a pretty innocent smile.

"Okay love, I guess I'm just gonna go to the restroom. I'll be right back."

I excused myself and went straight to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror just thinking about how my life went wrong. One minute I had it all then the next I have nothing.

"Get it together Anastasia, you cannot go back there." I pep talked myself

I let out a hard sigh before opening the door to leave the bathroom. Right when I opened it I was met with Marcelo staring down at me.