The Set Up

Marcelo:

We had finally landed and I've tried to call Anastasia millions of times but it just wouldn't go through. It worried me to shit but then Luis had called my mother. She explained to me that Ana had shattered her phone, worrying about me. It made me chuckle a bit but I was concerned about how it could effect our baby.

Stress is the last thing Ana needs right now but with all this bullshit going on. I know it's hard for her not too.

"Yes diosa, we just landed."

"Mar be careful baby please. Promise me you'll be back home by tomorrow."

"I promise diosa, I swear but you need to promise me that you will stop stressing and get some rest."

It got quite and I knew she could hear me.

"Anastasia..."

"I promise papi... I love you so fucking much." She sniffed

"I love you more diosa, I always will."

"Oh fuck you! Now you sound like you're dying and I don't won't those do be our last words!" She shouted

I will never fully understand this woman.

"Okay... how bout this. When I get home, don't say a word to me. Just be naked, sitting on the dining table with your legs open. Understand me?"

"Mmmnh... now you're talkin." She giggled

"I love you mi hermosa diosa." I smiled

"I love you apuesto."

Knowing I had to hang up but I really didn't want to fucked with me deeply. I could never get tired of hearing her beautiful voice. I sighed and removed the phone from my ear now hanging up.

I turned my head and looked at the small Catholic Church I grew up in. That the SUV I was sitting in had parked in front of.

Church was obviously in service. You could hear the music playing all the way from outside.

I hadn't been to church in decades. My abuela was catholic. I remember her snatching the covers off of me and yelling at me to get up every Sunday to go to church.

She would always say. "With all that killing you do everyday you need to wash the blood of those men off your hands and replace it with the blood of God."

No matter how annoying it was she was right. Only God can save us.

"Líder, would you like to wait till church is over or go in now?" (Boss)

I rubbed my beard thinking about what could possibly happen behind those godly doors. Whatever it is, I'm ready for it. Let's end this battle.

"Entro ahora..." (we go in now)

With that being said all six of the men that were with me all got out of the car. Our guns tucked behind our backs. We wore all black suits, walking with our heads held high.

There were two priest at the front doors that held the doors open for us when they saw us walking towards them. When we got in we made a B line into the sanctuary.

An exact amount of a hundred eyes were on us when we walked in, right in the middle of the fathers speech. Behind him was a statue of Mary and Jesus. Just how I remembered.

I ignored the fact that some gasped when they saw me. Considering the fact that they know what I do for a living. Marie Solange, she used to always pinch me in church. Give my father a dirty stare because of what he was doing at the time. She still sits in the same seat, wearing the same white hate.