𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟓

3rd POV

As the Scouts left on their mission to rescue Eren, Y/n watched them leave. Her hand on her head, she touched the spot Mikasa had kissed moments ago.

Her e/c eyes are cast on the ground. "I'm sorry Mikasa, I never listen to you..." She said quietly to herself, her hand no longer on her head but now she gazed at it.

She hadn't felt it until now, her body felt sore and her hands were in slight pain. Not as bad as when she first used the hardening. -Fighting Reiner made her forget about her limitations on stamina. Though being unconscious for the past five hours helped her recover a little.

I'm not sure if I should take the risk and transform into a titan again... Y/n thought. Her eyes scanned over at the lifts and the horses, then at the spare gear, and finally at the injured and tried members of Hange's squad.

They had no gear yet, their straps and harnesses hung loose. Since they were close to the fight they had the most burns and injuries than everyone else, another reason why Commander Erwin ordered them to stay here. The first was to keep Y/n at bay. Though, who knew if that would work.

Y/n thought of everything, since their straps weren't fully secured, it would take them a while to put on their gear. However, these were veteran soldiers who were trained to get ready at a moment's notice.

Behind Y/n, Hange crawled on the floor, Moblit close behind her. "G-Get me a horse." She gasped. Moblit kneeled beside her and tried to have her rest. "Squad Leader! Where are you trying to go?" He asked. The woman turned to face him and answered,

"To that village where we captured the titan who couldn't walk."

"You mean Ragako?" He corrected.

"I need to see it...with my own eyes."

"Don't say something so ridiculous! Your body can't take riding a horse right now!" Moblit shouted in worry. Hange looked away. "I have a hunch...that we need to investigate..." Saying, she went on with crawling. Moblit watched her for a few seconds before getting up and nodding his head with closed eyes.

"All right. I'll go there on my own, so you can just stay here and faint or something." Seeing Moblit walk away Hange dropped to the floor. And near them, Y/n heard their conversation.

With Moblit telling the others they were going to Ragako Village in place of Hange they all began to ready themselves. Almost done with his preparations Moblit glanced over at the spot he last saw Y/n.

"Y/n, you're coming with us—" He stopped. Y/n wasn't there anymore. Widening his eyes he didn't want to panic right away so he darted his eyes around, trying to spot her. "Y/n?" He called, his hands let go of his gear and the mental clashed against the floor- catching the attention of the others.

"Y/n?!" He said louder.

CRANK!

Hearing a loud sound the soldiers shifted their gaze to one of the lifts, recognizing the sound of a lift being used. Immediately they knew who was using it and dashed toward it. Moblit reached first and looked down to see Y/n with a horse on the lift, making her way to ground level.

"Y/n! What are you doing?!" He yelled. The girl lifted her head and panicked. Cursing at how loud the lift was, thankfully she thought of something to give her time. As Moblit screamed at her to get back; the others went to switch the lift's direction. That was until the lever wouldn't budge. Realization hit them that Y/n had jammed the lever. She was already one-third of the way down.

"Moblit! It won't work! She's going to get away!" A goggled member of Hange's squad said. He tried to put all his strength into pulling the lever but it just wouldn't work.