𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟓

3rd POV

  "I should've known...this would happen. But...I had no other choice but to rely on you. Armin..." Eren clenched his fists— averting his gaze from Armin whilst tears formed at the edge of his eyes. "Why...don't you run away?" He cursed.

CRASH!

In the middle of his sorrow he flinched at the sudden loud crash, he heard behind him. Turning his gaze over his shoulder he inhaled sharply at what he saw. There was a titan just houses away from him. "A titan?" He gasped, he soon recognized it as the Quadruple with a man inside its mouth. When the two men made eye contact— Zeke widened his eyes.

Leaping roof to roof the Quadruple approached Eren and Bertholdt. "Shit!" Eren cursed as he turned around to lift Bertholdt and press his blade against his throat just as the titan arrived on the same roof. "You just try coming closer! Make one move and he's dead!" He yelled at them.

What's this?

Eren looked closer at the curious man. His blond hair and bread, dark navy eyes, and the sunken marks around his eyes. A feature he knew well as he and Y/n always had them after transforming.

He's got titan marks around his eyes. Is he the Beast Titan?!

He assumed. But he immediately remembered where the Beast Titan came from, and who was there to defeat him.

Wait...What happened to Y/n and Levi?! Don't tell me—

"Are you...Eren Jaeger?"

He flinched, even in his state the Beast Titan still wanted to complete the mission? If so, Eren added pressure against Bertholdt's throat. If anything happens, I'm taking him with me! He thought.

"You look nothing like your father."

Eren's face lightens at the sudden mention of his father. "What?" He uttered in confusion. His grip on Bertholdt didn't loosen, however.

Zeke didn't seem to care about the situation Bertholdt was in, his only interest was Eren. His navy blue eyes stayed steady as this was his first time seeing the boy. If only he had the pleasure of meeting Y/n in human form to speak to her.

"Believe me, I know what you're going through. You, your sister, and I are victims of your father. You've both been brainwashed by him." Zeke told him. At that moment, when mentioning his father, Eren saw a similarity between the man and his father, Grisha.

"My...dad?" Eren said shocked.

Zeke's gaze was interrupted by a dark figure looming on top of the wall. Levi stood there covered in blood and steam, the white of his eyes predominant. "Argh!" Zeke widened his eyes with a gasp. "You're kidding me! He chased me all the way here?!" He hissed— already assuming his titans lay dead on the other side.

With one goal in mind, Levi dropped from the wall and skidded against it to preserve what little gas he had left. Thus making Zeke groan and furrow his eyes, "Let's call it a draw, Levi. We're in no shape to fight." He said as he turned his attention to his young warrior.

"Bertholdt...I'm sorry, but I think it's the end for you." He confessed. The quadruple then turned away— ready to flee.

"Eren!" Zeke yelled, "Someday, I'm coming back to rescue you! If only I met your sister, Y/n, in different conditions..." He said before the quadruple leaped away. She was already a distance away when Eren gasped.

What did the man mean?

What happened to Y/n?

That's when Levi landed on the roof and knelt to remove his empty tanks of gas. "Captain!" Eren said as he laid Bertholdt down. Levi swung his head and shouted.