𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟑

3rd POV

As time passed by, Kenny was no longer in the near area, and Historia was back to looking up at Eren's chained form. Y/n sitting quietly to herself, appearing to be somewhere far from here in her head.

Rod walked in, carrying a bag while commenting: "At last, there's nobody here but us." His daughter glanced at Y/n and then at him. "Sorry to make you wait. Listen, Historia..." He placed his hand on her shoulder. "This may sound very strange to you, but Frieda is not entirely dead." She raised her eyebrows, Rod already knowing what she was thinking.

"It's not the same as Cameron's situation. Instead, the memories of Frieda still live on. Would you like to meet your sister?" He asked her and Historia smiled with a nod. Rod narrowed his eyes and he began rummaging through his bag.

He pulled out a metal case and opened it, revealing a neatly packed syringe with a capsule of liquid. Eren's dull eyes fell on it, remembering his father having one on the day he gave Eren his powers. He widened his eyes but he found himself unable to react. He wouldn't be able to warn Historia about the syringe.

-

A leg kicked into the door, slamming it against the wall, creating an echo. Traute quickly hid behind a pillar, pulling out her pistol which had a small mirror attached to it. They got in? She asked. In the mirror, she saw barrels with wheels roll past the stairs. What are those?

Whilst distracted with the odd contraption, the Levi Squad (along with Hange and Moblit) dashed into the cave. Both Levi and Mikasa held their dual blades, being at the front of the group as the strongest. Then there was Sasha who carried a bow and arrow. The rest had smoke signals they would use in the attack.

Sasha stopped short, standing still while she aimed her fire arrow. When she shot it at the barrel, it created a large explosion with dark, heavy smoke.

"Gunpowder?!" Traute realized. "By the burning pattern, they must have scattered bags full of oil...This could get ugly!" She yelled.

From the clouds of black smoke emerged Levi and Mikasa. The two holding their blades as they flew past her and the others. Her comrades raised their guns and went to aim them at the two. But suddenly green smoke covered their view.

"Smoke signal shells?!" She asked, glancing back to see the rest of the Scouts shooting the smoke signals. Tsk! We'll never hit a thing in all this smoke.

Levi dashed around a pillar, smoke shooting around him as he eyed every Interior Police soldier in the cave. "Twenty four. Thirty two." Counting them, he yelled to his squad. "Thirty five enemies! They're gathered behind the pillars! Continue the plan! We'll take 'em all out right here!" With Mikasa behind him, they two grew closer to the enemy.

"All troops, spread out! Surround them one at a time!" Traute said.

From the entrance of the cave, Jean, Connie, and Hange, joined in the fight. Pulling out their blades, they flew into the smoke, all while Sasha continued to shoot the barrels.

"More smoke?!" A officer complained, coughing he searched for the Scouts. "Shit! Where'd they go?!" From behind appeared Jean with a grim expression.

"A big weakness of the Anti-Personnel Maneuvering gear is...their line of fire and anchor trajectory are both faced in the same direction. In other words, the area directly behind them is completely out of their reach."

When the man noticed Jean behind him, Jean quickly brought his blade down on him. Hitting him in the throat. Seeing the expression of the man he was killing, Jean began to yell, completing the kill.