𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕

3rd POV

As Erwin walked down the hallway with two soldiers behind him as they informed him that the wall titan had been covered as Nick told them to do.

"We'll take more proper measures after sunset." One of the men said.

"I see."

"What are we supposed to make of this, Sir? I never imagined there were titans in the walls..." The other went, a worried expression on his features.

"No one did. There were only people who knew and people who didn't." Erwin answered with a stern face.

-

Standing up Marlow grabbed his chin with his gloved hand. "What's the deal?!" He asked himself. He was surrounded by rubble and damaged buildings, bodies laying on the ground underneath the heavy debris. "We just fought a titan here. Why are they keeping us in the dark?"

"Business as usual," Hitch said as she stood beside him. "But what's scummiest of all...is that there's no official reason why all these people died." She added, her eyes looking ahead where even more bodies laid lifeless.

-

At the top of the wall, Hange stood next to Pastor Nick. He was on his knees and hunched over the edge as he looked at the multiple cloths that covered the titan.

"Now then...it's time for you to talk. What is this titan?" She asked him. "What is it doing inside the wall? And...why did you people keep this a secret all this titan?" One question after another Hange watched him as he stood up and dusted his pants.

"I have work to do! My church and followers have been devastated! This is your fault! I will demand restitution!" Ignoring her questions he demanded the Scouts to take him back down.

Frowning Hange said, "Certainly." In a mere second, she grabbed the collar of his shirt and swung him around. He was now standing at the very edge with his body leaning towards the fifty-meter drop. The only thing that prevented his fall was Hange's grip on his collar.

"Will straight down do?"

Nick immediately held onto Hange's arm for dear life.

"Squad leader!" Moblit yelled out. He and the others of Hange's squad ran over to her but kept their space when Hange told them to stay back.

With her glasses up on her forehead, Hange appeared intimidating as she faced Nick with a frustrated expression. "Enough of this!" She shouted at Nick.

"Do you people know why we Scouts have shed so much blood?! To take back our freedom from the titans! I was willing to sacrifice my own life for that cause!" Calming down from her anger she continued to speak.

"I'm not asking you to talk, I'm ordering you. Is that clear? And if you won't talk, I'll try the next person. Your measly life wouldn't make up for much, anyway!" Shoving him further out the edge Nick panicked and gripped harder onto Hange's forearm.

"Let...go of me!" He yelled as he shook from fear.

"Like this? Right now?"

"Yes!"

"Fine, then. Die." Hange agreed. Behind her, Moblit worried and called out her name again. He didn't want to believe that Hange was about to drop a man off fifty meters. But before Hange could let go of Nick he continued to speak.

"Kill me and learn! We will fulfill our duty, without fail! So..." Hesitantly he let go of Hange's arm, but then, without hesitation, he spread them out open. Conveying amiability he faced up at the sky. "Let go of me this instant!" He screamed.