𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

3rd POV

  Holding in his breath Mikasa couldn't believe what he was seeing...It was the titan from just seconds ago...however, it wasn't behind him anymore. What was even more shocking was that the titan planning on taking Mikasa's life was now laying on the ground. Mikasa gasped again and covered his ears, a roar left the unusually muscular titan. Running towards the laying titan and viciously began to stomp upon its body.

"A titan...killing...another titan?" Watching the gore happening right in front of him, he was left in disbelief. Seconds passed until the titan seemed satisfied with its doing and lifted its head to look off to the distance.

Mikasa would've probably continued watching if it wasn't for someone picking him up and soon crashing onto a rooftop.

"Mikasa, are you hurt?"

"Are you two okay?!"

It was Armin and Connie. Armin nodded his head at Connie's question.

"We have to get out of here!" Stating the obvious he heard the loud footsteps of titans. "Oh, no! Two 15 meter class titans!" Panicking at seeing the two titans near them, it made Armin look towards the two. Noticing something in the corner of his eyes he saw an evaporating titan body. Its mass was already gone as all that was left was its skeleton. Sweating at the scene his eyes went back to the two titans. One of them looked like any other ordinary titan, but the other...

The other titan was built differently, it was unusually muscular, having toned abs and muscled arms and legs. It had brown shabby hair with pointed ears sticking out of its hair. Another cry left the titan and Armin could see that it had no lips, its teeth were exposed...

Then it did something which shocked all three of them. It got in a battle stance. Fists closed and near its face, it was the stance to throw a punch. And even more shocking, when the other ordinary titan went running towards the abnormal. It threw such a forceful punch in which the head of the titan was gone. Flying at a rapid speed until crashing into a tower.

The abnormal examined its hand, watching it as it healed from the hard impact of its punch. And for the rest of the normal titan's body, it was beginning to lift itself. Being finished off with a stomp to the nape from the abnormal.

"H-he finished it off? He knew where to hit it, to kill it?" Armin gasped. He couldn't grasp the idea of a titan knowing where the weak spot was.

"We've gotta move before it comes after us!" Connie warned again. Armin shook his head,

"No. It's showing no interest in us...Even though it should've attacked us by now."

"It appeared to know rudimentary combat skills too. What is it?" Mikasa pointed out.

"We'll just have to assume it's another abnormal! We barely know anything about them...Anyways, let's get to HQ." Connie yelled. Before walking off to the edge of the rooftop he was stopped by Armin. Informing him that Mikasa was completely out of gas. "What?! Really?! What are we supposed to do without you?!" Connie yelled once more.

"There's only one thing to do...I don't have much left either." Armin whispered. Squatting down beside Mikasa he detached the tank of compressed gas he had. Switching it in with Mikasa's empty ones. "But we need to exchange the tanks now," Mikasa yelled out Armin's name in protest. Armin however didn't listen to him and finished switching tanks. "We don't have time to argue about this. But...Mikasa, don't waste it this time. Use it to save everyone." His advice to Mikasa made the Ackerman realize what he caused.

I led everyone into battle without being willing to protect them. And for a minute, I gave up on the idea of living, not feeling responsible for them in the least. And all for personal reasons...I...