𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟏

3rd POV

Blood drenched the house. A body laid lifeless against the wall, a stab wound in his abdomen. Another laid on the ground, surrounded in a pool of their blood.

The girl was unable to move, her body shaking at the horror that was in front of her. She could only stare at the lifeless bodies. Her father spoke after checking the victims, he determined that they were just recently killed. "Eren. Y/n. Is there a boy nearby? Did you see Mikasa?" He asked with worry filled in his voice.

"I'm going to call the Military Police and request an investigation. You two go wait at the base of the Mountain. Understand? Eren?! Y/n?!"

EARLIER THAT DAY
Reader's POV

Opening my eyes I was greeted with a bright light coming from outside my window. Groaning I reached out to pull my bedsheets over my head, not wanting to wake up just yet. I was having a good dream and I didn't want it to come to an end. Even though the dream was quite odd.

Hearing the door to my room open I shut my eyes and pretended to be in a deep sleep.

"Y/n?" It was mother. "I know you're awake. No one will be sleeping with such a stiff body." She said as I feel my bed sink down from her sitting on my bed. I still pretend that I'm asleep. "Oh? Well, I guess since Y/n is still asleep then she can't join her father and brother on a trip. Meaning she'll be having to help me around the house. I have some laundry to clean, groceries to buy, hm what else? Oh and I'll have to clean the house and make food-"

"I'm up!" Shouting I threw the sheets off me and stood up on my bed. I could feel that my h/c hair was all messy and my bed hair was bad. I hear a laugh and look down at mother, seeing her laughing into her hand. Placing my hands on my hips I gave her a pout. "Sorry, Y/n. You're just so adorable, come down here so I can fix that bird's nest." Letting go of my pout I got off my bed and made my way to the vanity that was here in the room.

Sitting on the cushioned seat I looked at myself in the mirror, noticing how wild my hair really was. "Wow, I can have a whole family of birds living here. Must've had a good night's sleep!" Laughing to my self I yelped, a comb was dug into my hair.

"You sure must've. Your brother told me that you hogged the whole bed, he had to sleep in the tiny area you left." Mother told me, I rolled my eyes. Ignoring the feeling of my hair being pulled on as she combed it.

"It's not my fault we have to share a bed. Just so you know he tends to smack me in the face with his arm. Though most of the time he stays very still." As I tell her I pressed my finger against my chin. Remembering when I once woke up in the middle of the night because my brother smacked me right in the mouth. He ended up knocking off my baby tooth.

Mother laughed again. She continued to comb my hair till it was a lot better than it was before. "Brush your teeth and come down to the table to eat breakfast." Patting my head I nodded and got off the seat. Going to where the bathroom was I grabbed my toothbrush and paste. When I was done I walked downstairs to eat breakfast even though I was still in my nightgown.

Seeing father already at the table I remember what mother told me when she wanted me awake. Trotting over to him I slide onto the chair beside him. He saw me and gave me his attention, "Good morning, Y/n. Did you sleep comfortably?" He asks me, I narrowed my eyes at him. Did he snitch on me to dad as well? I thought to myself.