𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟒

3rd POV

  Titans walked towards the damaged wall, multiple were of different heights and shapes. But they all faced a giant boulder that sealed the broken gate of Trost. It was here in Trost District where Commander Pixis sat on top of the wall with a crate next to him and a bottle of booze in his hand. Slouched forward he dozed off with the soft breeze and warm climate.

Anka followed the loud snores that came from the old man and called out to him. "Commander." He didn't wake up, his body moving with each snore. "Wake up, Commander Pixis." Raising her voice she trotted closer to him and placed her hands on her hips. "You'll get sick if you fall asleep here." Lifting her hand she gave a hard smack to the back of Pixis's head. Which did the trick.

Opening his eyes he brought his hand to his head, rubbing the spot Anka hit. "I can't believe you drank all of this. You're not young anymore." She said to him, picking up the multiple bottles of alcohol that sat in front of the old man. "And I'd rather not spend my days changing your diapers." She complained.

Pixis laughed and opened the bottle he held. "Being cared for by a pretty lady sounds all right to me. So? What's the situation?" Asking, he was about to drink a gulp of his booze until Anka snatched it from his hand.

"Patrols were sent out once the titans were gone from the first and second defensive lines, but any titans sightings are few and far between." She informed.

Humming under his breath he pulled out a pocket watch from his jacket. Checking the time he added: "If Hannes and the advance squad followed the wall without problem, they'll be returning any minute now." Looking off to the side he thought of the two units who were sent out. "It would mean they met the unit from Krolva District and turned around halfway. And they couldn't have encountered many titans, if any. If there was a hole in the wall, it would never work out like that."

Behind them, someone landed on the wall with their gear. "Commander Pixis." A deep voice called. Pixis looked over his shoulder and saw Commander Erwin Smith coming towards him.

"Oh. If it isn't Erwin." He smiled. "I hear you've captured one of those troublesome mice." Getting off the floor he placed a hand on the blond's shoulder.

"Yes. Unfortunately, we were one step behind."

"Hmm...But at least it will get those goons in the interior thinking. Maybe they'll reconsider how important their state beliefs and motives are to them."

"Yes, it appears they have. Look over there." Taking his blue eyes over to look at the inside of the district, they both saw many Military Police Officers standing around. "The Military Police have finally been forced into an area with titans."

Down below Jean sat on a crate with scouts around him, all of them waiting for Erwin's next orders. He held a water pouch and took a couple of gulps of it before lowering when he caught ear of a conversation near him.

"Can't believe we didn't see any titans."

Turning his head around he faced the two scouts who were talking. "Was there really none at all?" Jean asked.

"Seems so. It's unusually quiet out there." One of the men answered him. Jean looked away and down at the ground.

"I wonder if they're still alive..." he muttered.

Over in a different spot, three officers stood around and joked about the situation. "Can you believe it? I thought this was an emergency." One of them went. "Yeah. And everyone's just sitting around here." Another said, a smile on him.

The first man turned around and faced a man who sat in a wagon and wore a suit. "Hey, Levi. Where are you hiding the titans at?" He smirked. Levi looked over, Nick sitting in front of him with a blanket over him.